Has anyone else has had or does have the error that assets can not be loaded?

You are trying to load your Project into AI2Offline without success - but what happens if you use it to create a new Project?

@ChrisWard @SteveJG
OH MY GAWD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago I attempted to connect to ai2 website and I was able to. Not only did I connect but I loaded my aia! And a bonus - the companion worked! NO ERRORS

Just now I did the same!!!! NO ERRORS again !!! BONUS again .. 5 minutes now and companion stays connected !

will try in another few hours

Whoa horsey! Don't go and jinx it :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

I am not crossing my toes! Dunno if its laffable or I should be joyful. This all is so crazy and HOW ON EARTH ? getting connected from May 3-May 23 was completely impossible and now I connect twice without a glitch? I did not change but something did change. Question is what?

I rally dont care as long as it remains changed :joy: Now to try to get OFFLINE working?

Could it be your Broadband Supplier had issues with international connections (given that App Inventor requires a rock-solid Broadband with no glitches)?

1 Like

Dear Dr. Chris Ward,
Yes Sir I do believe your diagnosis, although admittedly hypothtical, has great possibility of being "rock solid'

Sincerely,
Patient

1 Like

Only failure to this hypothetical is that %code.appinventor.mit.edu/login/% has worked every time and all of the time. This alternative MITAI does not require rock-solid broadband connection?

Got to get offline working

...it's not under the same roof

Meaning its not on the same servers/mainframes or the same inteernet trunk lines/dishes?

exactly - also, you were not trying both Servers at the same time - so when the %code.appinventor.mit.edu/login/% was working for you, it's possible that the %ai2.appinventor.mit.edu would have been fine for you too.

So, we have established that your online problems are most likely a glitchy broadband. Let's park that - you need to be able to work offline whilst you are away, right?

Steve has proven beyond doubt that AI2Offline should not have an issue with your Project's Assets.

2 Likes

Agree. So I must not be installing it properly or some other problem. I unpacked the portable version of the offline to a flash drive but it will not load the aia from hard drive. Previously I had mistakenly unpacked it to my hard drive and it did load the aia but gave the asset error.

No. I always tried ai2 first with failure and the other server would load immediately after without a problem.

Just used ai2 again. It is VERY slow but works just fine!

Can I ask why? I just installed the latest version (3.9) on my hard drive. I had an old version before (which it automatically uninstalled). Signed in Using my Google Account and it is working well. I have just made a quick test sharing a file between it and %ai2.appinventor.mit.edu, again no issues.

1 Like

:nauseated_face: brain was still half asleep at 04:30 I guess. I misread Ramiro's reply.
Will unpack it to hard drive now

OK the executable version of OFFLINE
I produce EAccessViolation error from the shortcut

If I run:

1. buildserver.cmd
  2. aiStarter.cmd
  3. startAI.cmd
  4. startInvent.cmd

The server launches but when I attempt to use the companion it will not load assets.
It refuses assets on any and all aia

.... but the Assets load with the Project?

Ramiro suggested connecting your phone via a USB cable instead of WiFi to run the Companion.

1 Like

AI2 is still working perfectly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes assets are in Media.

OK will try to connect via USB later but first why cant I get the shortcut to work?

If you look at the shortcut's properties:
Target: C:\AI2Offline\AI2Offline.exe
Start in: C:\AI2Offline

I'm also running Win7 Pro

1 Like

Yes I did look at properties. I even attempted to launch AI2Offline.exe by hand and it doesnt work. Either way EAccessViolation error

An EAccess violation occurs when the operating system reports an access violation. That means it is notifying you that you are trying to access invalid memory.

1 Like