Project [Peico]: Making an URL shorter!

Why make it open source if you're going to obfuscate the code?

1 Like

Yes sorry. But yesterday I had rewritten the code and uploaded it again. I forgot to change it in the file, I did it in HTML :sweat_smile:.

Update 1.2

• Improved code writing along with user experience in mobiles (website) with other UI improvements
  • Slight changes done

Note: Clear the caches if you're using in PC
You can use the service as before

Is there any application for a URL shortener other than handing out the shortened URLs in print, say on a business card?

2 Likes

Sorry, I don't understand you?

Do you mean to manage shortened URLs in the app?

What tends to be the problem with very long urls is people send them by email, the url then gets broken up into pieces which the recipient then has to put back together. Short/simple urls do not suffer in the same way.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.
I had not experienced that.

I still prefer to get my candy from the supermarket, rather than from men in unmarked vans.
https://www.google.com/search?q=are+shortened+urls+dangerous%3F

You mean this URL shortener is dangerous :roll_eyes:. (Sorry I don't understand the sentence)

From what I read in the Google search I added to my prior post,
all URL shorteners are dangerous, not only to the viewers, but also to the people who shorten their URLs.

1 Like

This is for learning purpose. :grinning:

1 Like

it's really awesome :grinning:

1 Like

I will add some security features to it, so it can scan the URL, and show warning to users if anything suspicious is found. I saw bit.ly also shows waring if the url redirects to .exe, .zip, .tar.gz etc, which are executable files

3 Likes

nice keep it up

1 Like

The URL shorter from vem.vercel.app will be migrated to peico.xyz shortly. All redirects will function as before.

peico.xyz
does not looks a valid link

1 Like

It's a valid link. I bought the domain. We are still in the testing the stage.
You can view it at https://peico-designing.vercel.app. Until we deploy it on the main server.

1 Like

What we have improved

• Improved security and to detect suspicious link
  • Enhanced redirect speed
  • Tag generation improved and length reduced to 4 characters
    • The characters used are A-Z a-z - _ and no custom tags will be allowed.

We are constantly working on improving this. You can view the new site at s.peico.xyz. The new-source will be published after testing :tada:.

1 Like

Oh it is great

1 Like

Progress we did in the past two days

• Increased URL generation and redirection speed by times
  • Fixed minor issues or bugs
  • Implementation to count the number of requests done through the short URL
  • Optimization of code

Website open-source

Main / control open-source

We are constantly working on the improvement :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes