[Guide] How to use the CLOCK

Oh so now I get it... :wink:

Yes you are right. But as there were a lot of "Do It's" I performed to get the desired outputs to make the guide, it would have been quite tedious for me to do the same in the App Inventor builder once again. Hence I just took snaps of the Kodular blocks, where I was working initially.

3 Likes

ok ok its fine

7 posts were split to a new topic: Set Time Zone without using device time

A post was merged into an existing topic: Set Time Zone without using device time

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to make a touchup event stay on for a specified amount of time

Hello, Thanks for the guide.Question: Where do I download the clock1 extension? Thanks

Clock1 is a component in the Designer Sensors Drawer.
It is not an extension.

ABG Thanks.I think that has been removed in my MIT version.

Just check you have the toolkit set to all in Screen1.properties....

Thanks, guys. I came in the option shown in the image below and messed around, and now I have the clock option.

Thanks. Your suggestions did help me.

Seems it does matter, does Kodular clock component handle the systemtime block differently to AppInventor ?

Kodular

AppInventor
(won't connect)

(needs)

2 Likes

A bit late to the party, but the blocks, specifically where the WeekDay Name is appended with the System Time block, they are NOT app inventor, as in AI2 they will not join. The AI2 WeedDayName is very different and looks for an Instant.

Hello Charley

Had a hard working day so my brain is numb - I don't understand what you mean. A picture paints a thousand words?

They are one and the same, App Inventor is AI2.

i was referring the AI2 vs Kodular blocks in the clock tutorial, but look back and TimAI2 (5 hrs ago) and see the image. Like I said, I'm late to the party
Image below is NOT AI2 as the WeedayName block in AI2 will not accept the system time block. Back on May 20 you posted the 'how to use the clock' tutorial. This is from that tutorial

Right, Kodular v AI2, not App Inventor v AI2.

It's not my tutorial either and I don't use Kodular. :upside_down_face:

It was TimAI2 that pointed out that there are in fact differences between AI2 and Kodular with respect to the use of a system time instance. (December 2020).

Since Kodular is being merged into AI2, we might see some Clock enhancements in the future.

1 Like

Oh yeah, nice tutorial @Alaqmar_Bohori :ok_hand:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How I can update the date whenever I change on the calendar?

Very helpful!
I was wondering if the Clock Timer events a) execute their contained blocks, then delay or b) delay first then execute their blocks. After testing a clock timer with a 10 second interval, it delayed first, then executed its blocks. Good to know. :slight_smile:
delay

1 Like