Google Sheets Components on Test Server

I would like to get the google sheets components found on the mit test server into my existing project on the main mit server can someone tell me if this is possible and how to do it?

Thank you

You would have to do it around the other way - move your project on the main server to the test server for the google sheets component.

Remember it is still a beta set of components - but I understand soon to be released into the main version.

When I add google sheets to the designer screen, the user interface screen becomes blank when tested on a device All other screens do work. Only the screen that has the google sheets hidden component goes blank Remove google sheets component and the user interface screen appears again when tested So adding goofle sheets prevents the user interface screen from rendering

Can anyone help me overcome this

Thanks

(Reminder, you are working with pre-release test software, so don't get comfortable.)

I see two possible causes ...

• Android version too old
  • Using a Companion not set up with the Sheets component.

When I upload my project to the test server that contains the google sheets components http://sheets-dot-ai2-ewpatton-temp.uc.r.appspot.com/

I get this message:

"This project was saved with a newer version of the App Inventor system. We will attempt to load the project, but there may be compatibility issues"

The app does eventually load

Looks like the test server is has the older version of appinventor

In terms of the companion, I am using the version that was released in Sept 20

Do you know of a third party extension with similar functionality?. Or any other work arounds?

That sounds like the nb185 Companion.

You would need to go back to the Companion that came with the test server, to test using the Companion.

You have several choices:

• wait for official release
  • switch to a competitor with Sheets (Kodular?) and recode from scratch
  • Learn Google WebScript and follow FAQ Section: Google Sheets

Thank you for the help