Getting a run time error as failure from system when iam trying to share around 10 thousand line of data which is present in the text box or label to my Google drive

The file scope property of the file Component
The other property is called DefaultFileScope and is not related with the file component

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Thank u so much it’s working all fine

Planning to publish it to all kind of versions. If not all then at least compatible to most of the versions.

One last thing I wanted to know is how can I get the name of the Bluetooth device which I have connected to ? Is there any solution ?

Often the device will not have a name. If the device uses BLE and has a name, the name should be displayed in the address that the MIT BLE extension collects, making it easier for the User to know they are picking the correct device.

So your are a distance away from 'done'. The access to files is different for Android versions below Android 11 (API 30), so you need to cater for that.

Please provide a screenshot of the working solution to help others with the same problem in future

Taifun

But I have tried my app with android version 10 and android version 12. It works fine in both the versions. Can you please explain ? As iam kinda confuse with what you are saying.
Thank you

This is how iam saving the csv file .. I take manual input to give the file a specific name using notifier block and then I have called the response.

Thank you for your help @Taifun

You have tried with a built App (APK)?

..and you have read this important Topic by Anke?

The correct directory name would be /Download

Taifun

Yes I have installed and tested the apk. It does save the file in my Downloads.

Yes .. my mistake.:sweat_smile: but if there is no such folder then it will create a folder by that name.
Thank you

Probably only for Androd 10 and below
Taifun

Yes, Exactly. but if I mention “/download/name.csv” then it will work on most of the versions right ?

You would normally need to ask permission to Write:

For Androud <= 10 yes, but you have to ask for permission as @ChrisWard has shown
For Android > 10 it will not work, only if you use /Download and then without asking for permission there

Taifun

1 Like

I have done it in this way. Is that fine ? It’s working as far as I have tested in multiple phones

I have granted the permission in a different I hope that’s fine. I have already uploaded the block. Correct me if iam wrong.

Listing them one-after-another will fill the screen with approval notifiers - not really User Friendly. Better to present the next notifier after the previous one has been answered. For example (not specific to any particular project, this is simply to show how to display the notifiers one-at-a-time):