[FREE] Create PDF file Extension. Layout to PDF

I've enabled one file but its too long for one page. I want to divide it into 3 pages

As a project I am using a drive as cloud storage. Is there a way the created pdf is immediately stored in google drive and not in the Phone's external storage? This is for a project for the company i am at, want to save hr generated pdf to google drive.

1 Like

Thank you. but maybe you can assist. With the fact that android 11 does not give write permissions anymore, i have even checked on the .aia up ion this thread, which was allegedly working, it gives errors, i want to circumvent this issue, by when the button pressed to create pdf, it must instead of the app attempting to write the file to internal memory it must sent it to google drive. Will this extension allow me to do same.

You need to first save the file to your device, then upload that file to google drive. (you can always delete the file from your device after uploading). You do not need write permissions to save a file to the ASD (application specific directory)

1 Like

I think im lost. See attached here my code for the creation of the pdf. (pdf should be created from the content of screen2), but all solutions i have tried does not work.

See attached the .aia file as well. (the ui is not populated currently) when the app starts up, swipe from left. click on payroll information twice (i.e. swipe again and press). a list, currently only my name will come up. if you select the name, a new screen opens and it will populate the fields from a spreadsheet. Now after the fields have been populated, this where i want to press pdf and it must save a copy to the phone.

Can you or someone please help with what i must do to get this part to work. in order for me to move to the next phase of the project.

NavigationDrawer.aia (138.1 KB)

1 Like

It looks like you are not using AppInventor but one of its clones. You should ask in the community for the clone you are using

1 Like

Ill replicate my app in app inventor and if the problem persist then ill revert.

1 Like

Why don't you ask in the Niotron community (where the project was created)?

1 Like

Ill do it now

1 Like

ok Please help. still an issue to save the pdf file to storage. write permissions not granted and also height and widt must be positive. if i change it to a positive pixel value it still gives the same feedback. can someone please assist.

NavigationDrawer.aia (136.2 KB)

1 Like

Instead of Shared try Legacy

1 Like

Thanks, but did it, changed the filescope to legacy, but i still get the same error. Error908: write-external-storage not granted. i thought the filescope would circumvent it.

grafik

1 Like

Yes have done that on both screens as well. Any other ideas?

1 Like

You can ONLY do this on Screen1.

Ok. does that entail that ill only be able to the pdf extension on screen1 each time

No, what about trying ...

Im trying. If the file is set on screen 1 to legacy and no settings changed on screen 2 it does the same. Im reqding up and attempting all possible solutions.

1 Like

DefaultFileScope is essentially responsible for which storage permissions are declared in the Manifest. Only if it is set to Legacy, WRITE permission is declared in the Manifest.

I have already mentioned / discussed this issue countless times. Search the forum ...

1 Like