I am using firebase to store and retrieve data from the cloud. However I found that even if a take my device offline, I can still get result from “GotValue” event.
- Uncheck “Persist” of firebase component in design mode
- Run app, get device online, use “GetValue” to retrieve data from cloud
- Switch device to offline, make a few updates using “StoreValue” and “AppendValue”
- Check firebase console, no update to data in cloud (as expected)
- Keep device offline, use “GetValue” retrieve data, “GotValue” triggered with data as normal, no error detected (including updates in step 3)
Does firebase work like that? If that’s the case, how can I detect if my local copy synchronized with the cloud?