Face Recognition

In App Inventor, there is Speech Recognition.
How about Face Recognition or Image Recognition?

1 Like

how about taking a look into the extensions directory?

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Thanks, but I want to use App Inventor and make use of the camera to detect the emotion of a person without using other hardware.

1 Like

you could write your own extension and create the functionality yourself...

more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document

however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Any extension for Firebase ML?

Is this relevant to the topic of face recognition ?

Custom Firebase ML can be used to train Facial recognition. Why not? It is just a matter how to get the data up to the cloud and get the result from the cloud.

Yes, however, there is no extension, or any “web” options for Firebase ML

You may also want to look at our personal image classifier extension, which provides an interface for training a model based on Google’s MobileNet neural network and then embed the model in the app. It runs completely offline, except the training part since it needs to load the base model from the web.

Link: http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/resources/ai/personal-image-classifier

Regards,
Evan

1 Like

Sir i want to make a app with face recognition without a web browser which just train the model of face and give us the link and use.I want to make a app which trains the model in the app itself
.Any solution?

A post was split to a new topic: New extension 12345