Emulator setup Genymotion

Hi, Trying to setup Genymotion as an emulator.
It is possible to execute my AppInventor Apps in the emulator by dragging the .apk files directly into the emulator.
But when I try to use Genymotion for debugging using USB it fails to execute MITAI2Campanion…apk.
I’m getting the error: “This probably means that the app contains ARM native code and your Genymotion device cannot run ARM instructions”
What to do?
Br Teddy :blush:

1 Like

Get your companion app from here:
http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/companions/Emulator.apk
This is for x86 emulators
You will get an error message when loading a project, every time, just ignore
[EDIT you must also tick the Legacy box]

3 Likes

Thanks! Works - I am happy :slight_smile:

Pleased it all works for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

It works, thank you very much

Sorry, forgot to mention, you also need to tick the legacy box (well , I do :wink: )

This is correct. WebRTC support (the default) uses a native library for its cryptography. We provide versions for arm, arm64, and x86_64 as part of the companion app. If you use an x86-based Genymotion image then you will get the error mentioned in the OP. The Emulator.apk file doesn't include the libraries, so you can install it in an emulator, but this also means that you don't get the WebRTC support and need to use Legacy mode for it to work.

1 Like

/Boban

1 Like

Following the links, ARM Translations are available for:

• Lollipop (5.0 – 5.1.1, API 21-22)
  • Marshmallow (6.0 – 6.0.1, API 23)
  • Oreo (8.0 – 8.1, API 26-27)

Tested Companion 2.55u on Nexus 7 2013 (6.0 API 23)
worked for a while then crashed, might just be the app…,nope crashed again
image now deleted

It would be better, if possible, to use an x86_64 based image. Interpreting the ARM code will be much slower than the x86_64 virtualization your computer is probably already capable of.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.