DownloadToASD and Net extensions

Installed the companion on a new phone from a new PC and found that everything was working properly.

If I delete the companion on my PC and reinstall it, I have it in the folder immediately after installation

Dieser PC\moto e20\Interner gemeinsamer Speicher\Android\data\edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3\files\assets

Suddenly all the files I've ever used in appinventor are inside, even if I deleted them in appinventor and don't use them anymore.

How do I get rid of them?

I have cleared browser cache several times.

delete the assets subdirectory
Taifun

I tried. I uninstalled companion so that all folders were deleted. As soon as companion is installed again, everything is back.

As I already said in post #2.

1. Open Settings on your test decive
  2. Apps
  3. MIT AI2 Companion
  4. Storage & Cache
  5. Clear storage
  6. Uninstall Companion
  7. Reinstall Companion

Of course, it is easier and faster if you connect the device to the computer via USB and delete the /assets folder in the ASD:

Computer\Pixel 4 XL\Internal shared storage\Android\data\edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3\files\assets

It takes 10 sec at most.

yes, see also here TinyDB after uninstall of an APP - #6 by ewpatton
Taifun

Did this...

This too and...

All the files are back again.

Ich habe das Tausende von Malen auf Dutzenden von Geräten mit allen Android-Version (2 -13) seit mehr als 10 Jahren gemacht. Es gab damit nie Probleme.

Mache ein Video von deiner Prozedur und lass uns an deinem "Mysterium" teilhaben. :wink:

I've done this thousands of times on dozens of devices with all Android versions (2 -13) for more than 10 years. There were never any problems with that.
Make a video of your procedure and let us see your mystery.

I should have noticed that on one of my (currently used) 19 test devices (Android 4 - 13).
And how should it be possible that the assets are back after "Storage & Cache" has been deleted?

After a (complete) uninstallation of the companion app, there should be NO more directories:
Computer\Pixel 4 XL\Internal shared storage\Android\data\edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3

From your video:
grafik

1. Storage & cache → Clear storage
  2. Uninstall

Did it.

True, there are no more directories.

After new installation everything is there again.

I took my screenshot from your video at second → 30, so after the installation was done.

(...youtu.be/q5gNMhCS8uA?t=30)

Open these folders and show their content:

grafik

You can send my your aia via PM.
I can check it on my test devices (Android 11+).

Which Android version is running on your test device?

After uninstallation! The folder was still open and empty. After pressing "F5" the folder was gone.

After uninstallation the folder was gone. After installing Companion, all folders and files were there again.

I have 2 devices. Android 11+12. Both do the same.

What does your assets folder contain after reinstalling the companion without starting it?

and post the aia or send it to me privately.

Did you try these steps (on both devices)?

If so,and it doesn't works, try it again following these steps:

1. Disconnect the device from your computer (put off the USB cable).
  2. Storage & cache → Clear storage
  3. Uninstall Companion
  4. Reboot the device
  5. Reinstall Companion

Apparently I was able to solve the problem. A Pac-Man game from back in the day caused this. Somehow my folder got cluttered with files that don't belong there.

and many others...

I exported and deleted the aia. Then re-imported from the computer. Now the assets folder only contains the files that are really needed.

No idea how something like that could happen. I think I can remember once accidentally copying a folder with lots of files into the media folder of the game.

However, I deleted them all by hand. Something must have gone wrong.

This problem is also fixed. Works now.

Thank you for your help and tips.