Download 604 images

There is an alternative way.

You can first download the pdf and then download the pages from the pdf one by one.

Or you can make a .zip file of all the images and then download and extract it programatically.

You could try this approach

1 Like

Kindly, Is there an aia to now how to zip file and download from Google drive and a written script because the script in the web is just an image.

As mentioned at the top of my guide here:

https://groups.google.com/g/mitappinventortest/c/ZuxRCHWMWKM/m/sigmU-_QEAAJ

There may be download limits applied

Google now appear to have introduced automated query checks on file downloads for public files.
This may result in any files downloaded using this process returning as created, but empty.

You may have to treat your files as private files, and use a method like this, combined with the filebyfile approach:

Also, you might use a simpler download path:

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6tIqrqfHzcnY1pVMG9mcXJmSkk

Using the zip method above may help to overcome the automated query check by reducing the number of files being downloaded. Keep zip sizes under 3mb to avoid file size checks by google - this looks like @ 30 images per zip...

1 Like

If I use the zip method above to overcome the automated query check and keep zip sizes under 3mb to avoid file size checks by google then I will have 20 zip files. So, how I can program this method to make 20 zip files and how I can unzip these 20 zip files into the specific folder after download?
Thank you very much for helping me.

All there in the guide:

I tried to understand how to do this method but it is really a very difficult. Is there any explanation.
I really appreciate for your help.

You are right, it is an advanced project. I believe it is well explained in the guide, I can't make it any easier.

The alternative is to download your files as private, using the google apps script web app. This works around the automated query quota.

I told you before about MediaFire. If google doesn't allow downloading files over 3MB, you can use MediaFire anytime.

Perhaps you can provide an example of how you can download multiple (hundreds of) files from MediaFire?

Should I rather open a new topic under Tutorials and Guides then ?

Given you are offering this as a solution to the OP's problem, it makes more sense to keep it in this topic.

I think you may be right, but getting blank files may indicate that something simply goes wrong. Certainly the zip file idea should make a difference. What will also make a difference is optimising the image files - ensure they are as small as can be, dimensionally and byte size. For example, you may have some 32bit images but no requirement for transparency, so they could be reduced to 24bit or less. Also, comparing JPG, PNG and Webp, Webp has the lowest byte size.

Ummm... I already posted a Tutorials and Guides post before seeing this. Sorry.

How to download a big file using MediaFire.

This works on both Android and PC, but you need Google Chrome browser for it to work.

Follow the steps below to get a direct download link of your files :

1. Open Go to [MediaFire](https://mediafire.com). ***
  2. Login or signup. ***
  3. After step 2, you would be redirected to your file storage directory. Click the below dropdown to see an image and to know what to do next.
  4. Image of initial directory. ![Screenshot_20220512-194131|281x500](upload://hBKzjkxlwfGIU892ARyv8liizvR.png)
    The directory would be like this. Note that the two folders that are present were previously created by me. Click on the upload arrow at the top-center of the screen. (It looks like the upload arrow in AppInventor Community.) ***
  5. Now a File upload screen will be shown. Click on the centre of the screen.
  6. Image of File Upload Request. ![Screenshot_20220512-194139|281x500](upload://zixKywYRHUdkLlCTQ0jK4g5Bj51.png) ***
  7. The File Upload Process will now start.
  8. Image of File being Uploaded. ![Screenshot_20220512-194210|281x500](upload://g5ncDAAkhosFkRRn4Iyd7BFxXB2.png) The file is being uploaded. The progress can be seen in the bottom left corner of the screen. ***
  9. When the file will below uploaded successfully, you will get a toast message below. Now Click on the `Copy link` option beside the File Name.
  10. File uploaded successfully. ![Screenshot_20220512-194218|281x500](upload://Adwch4YOrYdmp9Sbrnxt5OI2Rz8.png) (Click on the `Copy Link` option beside the File Name.)
  11. Now open a new tab and then paste the link there.
  12. Image of File Link being pasted.
  13. Once the page is loaded, you will see a download button.  Don't single click on that ! 
    • If you are using an Android device, `long-press` on that download button.
    • If you are using a PC, `right-click` on that option.
    Download Button page Image. ![Screenshot_20220512-194310|281x500](upload://4iCLHWp1T6EK7gLMPgSjKX9uUYE.png) ***
  14. A pop-up box will appear. Now, `single-click` on the  Copy Link address  option.
  15. Pop-up box image ![Screenshot_20220512-194318|281x500](upload://j8XSSll9UmtMbdSiTdnx4H9Ndn.png) ***

And now you have a  Direct-Download Link  for your file.

Now you can use a hidden WebViewer or CustomWebview Extension by vknow360 (Sunny Gupta) to go to the url. This will download the file to the download directory. Now use a file extension to move the downloaded file to the directory you want the file to be at. I would recommend the FileTools extension if you want to move the file.

But instead of moving the file, I'd recommend to directly download the file to the directory using the CustomWebView extension as normal Webviewer doesn't allow you to set a Download directory.

Now why should you use MediaFire ?

This is because I got to know that you might have complications in downloading files over 3MB from Google Drive.

Here is the post where I learned from :

Also, MediaFire allows 10GB Space to Free Users.

With public files. This possible restriction does not apply to private files.....

But are private files available to everyone directly ?

Also, whenever I click on a Google Drive direct download link, it asks to choose Google Account to Download the file (probably for privacy verification). And this is also annoying. This happens only if I have Google Drive app on my phone though.

You have to use a google apps script web app owned by the same user as the files for this to work.

Try this .aia

DownloadBigFiles.aia (202.2 KB)

Enter this URL in the URL Box. :

https://download2275.mediafire.com/oygg1rblqxwg/0lzv5npom3jigq9/Zip.zip

Click on the Go Button.

The File will be Downloaded without any AppScript.

Also, if you want the solution to download the zip file, set the global HomeURL value to the download link and set VirtualScreen1.visible property to false.
Set the DownloadHelper1.Download's Download Directory property to the Download Directory you wish.

Then the file will be automatically downloaded on Screen1.Initialize