Csv file to listview

Please solve this problem and please send me blocks

Here is a pre-existing sample of how to format a List Picker's Elements before they are loaded...

It's not exactly a custom solution for your address book, but it has the ideas you can apply to build your own solution.

I will try my level best.thanking for u spending your valuable time for me

Please recommend another one. this is not used for my problem

i think may be the csv file convert to splited text before adding to listview. if this possible to make please share block

Try this:

addressList.aia (5.3 KB)

BLOCKS

2 Likes

ho my god this is working.thinking you sir

i’m make a form. i fill the form and save in csv file(storage).
now what i want how to edit this form using id number.
if possible to make please send me blocks.
the csv file is here

thanking you

What have you tried ? What works what doesn’t work?

Just giving you blocks will mean you will never learn how to do these things yourself

Have you studied lists and done any tutorials ?

1 Like

sorry sir if i doing any wrong.i’m just learning and practicing somthing.im not studied about this.
i’m not a software student. i’m just interested about this.i’m searching in internet i find this website so i’m start learning here.i saw so many tutorials in youtube but there i cont find solution for this type of problems so i asking here to improve my knowledge.finally i have poor communication skills really sorry about that.

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook http://www.appinventor.org/book2 ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here http://www.appinventor.org/content/CourseInABox/Intro and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: http://www.appinventor.org/bookFiles
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: http://www.appinventor.org/content/howDoYou/eventHandling .

Also do the tutorials Our Tutorials! to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Thank you sir, but i need your help on this

please help me sir

see this answer by @TIMAI2

so what have you tried?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

now check it and how to textboxes data replace already exist data in csv file with using id number

list.aia (13.9 KB)

please help me anyone

You have got yourself into a right muddle! You also are using multiple screens, probably not switching screens correctly, or passing data between them correctly. Let me have a look at your aia.

I have made quite a few changes…

• Removed unnecessary screens, everything runs on Screen 1 with “virtual arrangements”
  • Rather than make big long lists of blocks (toothcombs) I used the power of list manipulation to generate the listviews and make selections for editing
  • I used a pair of listviews as opposed to labels and textboxes for the edit screen, and a text notifier to actually make the change
  • I have assumed you want to save the data back out to the csv file…the original csv starts off as an asset - this is read only, so we have to save a version to the sdcard to work with it. I use the tinydb to test if the app was being run for the first time to call the csv from assets. If you want to run the app from the beginning again, drag out the tinydb ClearAll block and DoIt to it.
  • I removed the two unnecessary lines at the start of the csv, so you just have data.
BLOCKS

list_revised.aia (7.1 KB)

3 Likes

sir this is an awesome invention.particularly

this is very nice sir. thank you so much. if u don’t mind please accept me as student and give me a small small tasks,improve my knowledge.please give me reply. i’m waiting for your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.