Can web component urls hold parameters?

I'm converting my website to app. But when i tried to change url with JavaScript, new page didn't get parameters. Is there a way to add parameters to URL?

Please show your relevant blocks and/or an example of what you are trying to achieve

I used blocks only to hide and show web component. I want to change url to example.html?name=John. But when I tested, it didn't get parameter.

What should that show with the parameter

Give and example with and without ?

I'm using JavaScript to parse url and search name parameter. Then it displays message for parameter.
e.g example.html?name=John
Webpage:Hello John!

Use the join block

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I use "location.href" to change url. There is no way I can use join block in JavaScript.

This is an App Inventor community... it is not a Javascript community...

Also up to now you did not provide any code snippets of what you are trying to do...

Taifun

It works on browser, but in webview it doesn't work.

I figured out that problem is not the url parameters. The problem was local storage.

of which there is none.

If you had indicated that you were trying top use local storage, we would have reached a solution much sooner, instead of wasting everyone's time.

In future, please provide relevant blocks, screenshots, code etc. to help people help you.