Built In Google Sheets Component for App Inventor

Did you create the ,json file mentioned in
http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/other/googlesheets-api-setup.html
and upload it to the Media folder?

Did you create a Google Project?

Did you create a service account email address?

Did you share update permission to your sheet with that service account?

What was the error message?

1 Like

yes sir, i have done it, i have created developer account, service account, generated key in json format then upload in media, but i failed to enter data into google spreadsheet

Pull in the Spreadsheet event block that catches errors, and have it post the error to a Notifier with an OK button, so you can catch and show the error here.

this is the error message,

Are the designer properties for the Spreadsheet component correct ? (Spreadsheet ID, Sheet Name, json file...)

finally I succes to post the data to google sheet, my mistake was when configuring the service account, thanks for the insight and your advice.. :pray:

1 Like

Can you post a screen shot of the solution, for the next person?

1. set role of my credential as editor / owner
    role
  2. then I generate key in json format

checklist first and manage keys

This is useful to have on the forum. I'm sorry this process is so cumbersome, but we don't currently have a way to make the Google process smoother.

1 Like

The Query Block is not avaible for me. I can´t find the ReadWithQuery method nor GotQueryResult event. Could you please help me?

It was unfortunately removed from the component in a previous update.

These blocks were part of a previous test version of the component, but they've never been available in the released version. Google removed that functionality from its Sheets API.

The replacements are the ReadWithExactFilter and ReadWithPartialFilter blocks, which allow you to read rows that contain an exact or partial value in a specific column.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.