Bluetooth Send Text To Printer issue

Friends I have an Idea.
What if we convert any text to image and print?
if yes, how we can do ?

The utfmode and utf need to be together in another pair (list).

no result ;(

Two things that say not great:

1. Native way would be to use a canvas, but it would have to be sized in real time and getting that right is actually quite complicated, especially the print ratio.
  2. The image will be as long as the text obviously, but the printer does not print 'long' continuous images, it has a fixed area for an image.

Did you run the App that comes with the printer?

@ChrisWard I'm trying but still no result.
some people informing this extention it may work but not sure if you have this extention, could you please check for me.
Actually I woud like to make it in an native way (without using extention) but it's to hard for me.

I'm referring to the Milestone App that comes with the printer.......

Sorry I don't know the extension - best person to ask is the extension developer.

I notice that a large number of thermal printer Apps are driven by Epson's ESC/POS API. That actually looks quiet do-able!

Online Reference manual (this page is an example receipt)

Having studied it, ESC/POS does not natively support Russian (supports most 'big' languages except Russian. :frowning_face: )

It could be that Russian can be added. That is for someone else with more time to burn to investigate.

:thinking: :disappointed: there must be way to print RU text

There must be, we have seen it in the video you posted, but your specific printer doesn't support RU by default, so it has to be done via a printer language that it supports. Unfortunately for you, Russia is currently very unpopular around the World, so getting technical help is difficult. Have you tried asking the reseller that you bought the printer from?

I asked they don't have any idea :disappointed:

I guess need help someone who has this extention
tried these encoding

if it'll work I'll buy this extention
and someone need send us .apk to TEST

At least it does support RU. Where did you download it from?

no I dont' downloaded yet. Just I found from community and informing this extention supporting these codepages but we need make sure it's sure working, that's why I need someone who is already using this and test

You probably won't find anyone else using RU. Where is the extension (link please)?

I just need someone put charset "KOI8-R" and make it apk send us that's all.
then I'll install apk and connect to my print and text RU if it'll work when I'll purchase.
I just want make sure before purchasing, that's all.

It's clearly a very comprehensive extension and it has been available for some time now. If there was a major problem, we would likely know by now.

Someone could make an APK that works on their printer but not on yours. I think you need to be able to experiment with the extension yourself.

Here is my result:

App inventor is amazing :heart_eyes:
Just I need to find RU encoding. :disappointed:

A dedicated printer language:

Sends data via Bluetooth Zebra printer. Maybe it could work with your printer.

David_S is creating an App using this printer language:

Hi @ChrisWard I don't have any idea how to use RU text with Zebra.... :disappointed:
Do you have anything for me, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

I don't either, but David_S might. At the end of the day though, I think you need to invest in the Extension.