Bluetooth Send Text To Printer issue

I made an app in App Inventor that sends text via bluetooth print . Text is of type: "Цена ". But at the end I receive something like this: xx€xx€...
strange characters could someone help me. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

You mean you are sending the text to a printing device? You need to ensure that the device is using a suitable font for the language the App is sending.

1 Like

Yes,I'm sending the Russian text to a printing device.
What should I do? Is there any free extension for showing Russian words?

1 Like

So the printing device needs a font that supports Russian.

1 Like

Where I can find it?

1 Like

I have no idea. You could start at the printer manufacturer's website. You also need to know how to upload a font to it.

1 Like

I found Russian Font ( Courier)

I added Designer view

and into my block

RESULT:

:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Please Help someone :pray:

1 Like

Hi @World_of_Games,
this is not what @ChrisWard said: the printer shall have installed a russian characters decoding capability.

1 Like

@uskiara thank you for you response. Ooo I guess I misunderstand I searched on internet I couldnt find printer manufacture I don't know what to do :pensive:

1 Like

Hi @World_of_Games,
from the photo you posted, it seems that the printer is a small one, for barcode or label printing, therefore with graphical capabilities, but I'm not suggesting you to create your own kyrillic alphabet by drawing any single character as a .png file (and send each character as a text string to the printer), because it will be e real nightmare.
But: if you just print "Hello world" , is the printer working correctly ? Just to be sure that the problem is the font interprter ....

1 Like

With English typing it's ok but with Russian Type is not ok

Hi @World_of_Games,
The "code type" is actually the types of barcode sets that the printer is capable to interpret (you send to the printer a string with alphanumeric characters and the printer translates the string in a sequence of bars).

I had a look to the site you posted, It reports that the printer is capable of managing "various" languages, and that there is a "contact-us" link. I therefore suggest you to ask the manufacturer how to select the language (provided that the printer has already the russian inside). Maybe you have to select the language by sending a special command sequence so to switch the interpreter to a specific language before sending a not standard alphabet. Give it a look.

1 Like

Thank you my friend
this one i found just in case

Sorry @World_of_Games, but I don't understand: OK you found that, but where ? in the drivers of the printer ?
If so, that's nice, but at this point this means that you have to instruct the printer to apply the cyrillic in order to interpret what you are sending. So please check what is the command that you have to send to the printer to tell it to change the language. For sure, for example, there is somewhere in the users manual, a command sequence that you have to send to the printer in order to switch the barcode interpreter, so similarly I expect that there should be a command to select the alphabet.

Sorry @World_of_Games, but I don't understand: OK you found that, but where ? in the drivers of the printer ?

No I just searched
and found I though that it'll help just in casse

Hi @World_of_Games,
ok, let's say, my definite thought is that you should tell the printer to switch to the correct language before sending the data you want to be printed. As for correctly printing the type of barcode you should tell in advance which type of barcode you want (i.e. EAN/UPC, the commercial one, rather the CODE 39, the pharmaceutical one), you sould as well instruct the printer to interpret the alphabet.
So check on the user manual (if you have it available) or ask the manufacturer.

@uskiara I would like only to print text(in Russia) not barcode.

In your screenshot, the model number is ATB-P10

..... which is not the same model number on the website you linked: MHT-P10

They look identical of course - is the Milestone name on yours? we can't see, the paper print-out is in the way.

Edit - I was asking so as to find the manufacturer but research shows that Milestone is the manufacturer (or the international distributor)

A Chinese company - I will see if I can get any info from them (Chinese speakers here).

1 Like