App is not responding, close or wait

Hi,
I'm building a math test app for basic operations: Add/Sub, Mul/Div, and the 4 of them together.
First, when I move from one screen to another, the sound keep playing even though that sound file isn't present in the next screen and even though I add a block to stop the sound before moving to another screen.
And now, the app just proceeds through the splash screen to the home screen and freezes. The sound doesn't play anymore, and I can't press the buttons.
I tried both ai companion and the apk file, but it doesn't work.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

blocks (1)
That is the splash screen.

This is the home screen where it freezes.

This is the Add/Subtract screen. The issue starts when clicking on the Finish button (the shortest code above)

It would proceed through this screen with the sound from the previous screen.
Pressing Play again would take me to the previous screen and 2 overlapping sounds would play together.
Pressing home would take me to the main screen with home's screen sound and all other previous sounds playing as well. (including the correct/wrong answer sounds too)

*The same happens on the other screens as well

Have you stopped the timer in Screen1?

I have just did that, but it's still having the same issue

try close current screen then open a new one.

but how would i use both of the (close screen) and (open another screen)?

1 Like

Thank you!
I'll try it :slight_smile:

• Close each screen before opening another screen. This way only 1 screen is open at a time and all clocks are automatically disabled (on the closed screen) and / or

• grafik

1 Like

Thank you!

uhm, I just wanted to ask is there any way to stop the app from running in the bg? like it keeps playing the sound and scoring. I searched it but found that apps running in the bg isnt a feature in app inventor. what i'm missing?

See my post #10.

sorry but i'm kinda new to this community, can you pls tell me from where i can find the posts?

The Clock has a setting that lets it run in the background named Always Fires.

Do not start Sounds from such Clocks

Post #10: App is not responding, close or wait - #10 by Anke

In addition: If you close each screen before opening another screen, the Player (component) on the closed screen is stopped immediately.

Thanks!

Thank you!

the installation process worked fine, but the app keeps kicking me out, tried different devices but the problem still exists.

Here is the code for the screen 1
blocks (6)

Here is the design, if needed.

Share your project in an AIA file.