App Inventor emulator error

Today I downloaded the App Inventor emulator and had some problems using it
I think there is a problem with companion. You can see it in the picture

Some other errors

ERROR: The process with PID 7868 (child process of PID 2264) could not be terminated.
Reason: This process can only be terminated forcefully (with /F option).
ERROR: The process with PID 2264 (child process of PID 8896) could not be terminated.
Reason: One or more child processes of this process were still running.
ERROR: The process with PID 4008 (child process of PID 8896) could not be terminated.
ERROR: The process with PID 916 (child process of PID 8896) could not be terminated.
ERROR: The process with PID 8896 (child process of PID 8916) could not be terminated.
Reason: One or more child processes of this process were still running.
ERROR: The process "emulator.exe" with PID 8916 could not be terminated.

I don't know if this information is enough to determine the error because the CMD was full of errors, I think
It took more than an hour and it doesn't work in the end. I don't know where the problem is, help me if you can

I rather think it maybe is a problem with the new version of the aiStarter preventing the Android Studio to run.

1 Like

This one for Windows MIT_App_Inventor_Tools_2.3.0_win_setup.exe (~1.5 GB)
http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/setup-emulator

or another?

1 Like

I really think there is a problem related to Android Studio but I don't know how to solve it

yeah

It looks like the emulator was already loaded. That output line "Device = emulator-5554" tells us that.

The problem seems to be in the Companion. It looks like maybe it's attempting to update and failing to download the current Companion.

"No service published" gives the impression that the issue could be on our end.

@ewpatton does this ring any bells for you?

1 Like

And what is the solution? It cannot be manually updated, any outside the emulator ?! Like download companion apk and add it to emulator manually ?

Hola a todos. Soy nuevo en esto, tengo el mismo problema, el Companion no se termina de cargar. ¿Alguien puede ayudarme, por favor? Gracias.