API 33 Google play requirement after 31 August

Hi All,

1. As we now, After 31 August , All new app must be target API 33. But can I upgrade my app (publish new version of existing app) after 31 August even my upgraded version of app is not target API 33.
  2. When we can build apps with API 33 on Mit App inventor ?

Thanks

Nope, now only the 2nd August...

MIT says the " next release will also include support for Android SDK 33 (per Google Play policies, due Aug 31)" so apps will build on API 33 by the end of August. :slight_smile:. MIT are aware of Google's requirements; a compatible compiler is expected to be available by then.

No, Google has changed the policy so that all apps, both new and upgraded, must comply with the SDK 33 update. Previously, new apps typically had to comply on Aug 1 and upgraded apps needed to comply by Nov 1, but the Play Store team decided to consolidate to the singular Aug 31 date for everyone.

1 Like

When will it be available on the AI2 test server?

1 Like

We are aiming to have the update on ai2-test by Aug 17, possibly sooner.

3 Likes

Hi, I am looking forward to see that update as I am having the same issue
And the time is getting tighter

I have requested extension until Nov

However I've searched on youtube and I came cross some developers who posted a video on how to manually update the app to target SDK 33 using some apps such as

• APK tools
  • APK to aab
  • ZipSigner Apk

it's a bit tricky and not striaghtforward method though

does anyone recommend using that method?

Thank you
Sam

Basically not. Why you want to do it, so why does your app even require it? In any case, I would wait until the new update (with tragetSdkVersion = 33) is available. To make it short, why don't you wait and see?

1 Like

Good question
Ok then I will wait
I was just looking for alternative way
But I would rather wait safer too
Thank you

Anything new on this?
(So far it doesn't seem to have happened.)

1 Like

ai2-test has been updated. We ran into some issues earlier today and had to withdraw and then update to fix a critical issue, but the site should be stable now.

See also:

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Test on AI2 test server - targetSdkVersion=33 │ Aug 31, 2023 │ READ_MEDIA_... permissions

mais em relação a os requisitos da playstore sobre Android SDK 33 como faço pra resolve ja q não intendo muito eu subo minha aia pro servidor de teste e recompilo la q vai da certo na playstore poderia me ajudo sobre isso

Unfortunately the translator is bungling your message. The release is going out in a few hours so if you are concerned about building with the test server, I would encourage you to wait until the release is officially out.

[quote="douglas_maia_martins, post:14, topic:90062, full:true"]

Android SDK 33

more in relation to the playstore requirements about Android SDK 33 how do I solve it since I don't intend to do much I upload my aia to the test server and recompile it that will work in the playstore could you help me about this

Hi I have this from GooglePlay notice:

and my testing app is:

Already SDK 33 but the API is 21+, yet still being notice by Google.

Should I ignore? or how should i go about.
Thank you for any help in advance.

Jason

Are you sure that these screens are from the same app? If so, I would just ignore it.

Noted. Will ignore for now.
Thanks

Yes.