Adding traditional codes to app inventor apps

I was asking if it was possible to add traditional codes with app inventor codes

You will either have to give a more detailed description of what you mean, or see from the answers we have already given that what you want is probably not possible.

I am asking if it is able to add traditional codes such as JavaScript to app inventor codes, that is all I am asking

To attempt to clarify your opacity....

Which appinventor "codes" are you referring to? appinventor uses blocks not code .....

Please be more specific, otherwise it is difficult to either Inform, Communicate or Educate.

?

Sorry I meant adding of traditional codes to app inventor blocks. Is that possible and how ??

I give up :imp:

1 Like

What group of people keep this tradition?

Do they hold periodic meetings?

is Java considered as "traditional code"?
you could write your own extension and create some functionality yourself...
more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document
however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

I meant adding java script codes with app inventor blocks

I will be reporting this to app inventor . Not everyone can understand that easily

use the webviewer and its RunJavaScript method as @TIMAI2 already mentioned in the first answer... see also again @ABG's first answer...
see also some examples here App Inventor Tutorials | Pura Vida Apps

answers can only be as good as the question... next time you might want to follow the guide how to ask a question... thank you...

Taifun

2 Likes

I'm a java developer. I need to code a complex algorithm in my android app. Is there any feature in the MIT App Intentor to write java code.? Because i'm new to MIT. If there is any feature to write java codes it will be very easy for me.

You can create an extension

1 Like

It's not Java, but it might be good enough.

you could write your own extension

more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Thank you very much