A book with ListViewer (or Label Display of csv )

I am sorry to disturb you Tim.

1 I suggest to cancel Read Only and Read to End buttons in order to start things running by a long touching the text and we just make only one method Read to End unless we click stop button.

2 I will try to find some blocks to modify the title.

Thank you so much Tim :wink:

Hello Tim,

When I put the cursor on the text, it shows the Typekey and also I can delete the text. So, please how can I disable the typekey and delete function?

Find the highlighter procedure, and add a hideKeyboard block. The keyboard still flashes up momentarily. I will see if I can find a better solution meanwhile.

1 Like

Yes, I added the hideKeyboard block and it flashes momently.

Hello Tim,
I tried to add blocks for select mp3 sound from external sd card depend on the text index but I couldn't.
I have put mp3 sound in the asset but I need to read from external sd card.

You need to set these three files in your blocks

Go back and look at what you should have learnt when downloading your files:

Alternatively there are countless topics on the community about saving and retrieving files from the ASD.

1 Like

Hello Tim,
I have added two rows in timingscsv for two pages but it shows a message
timingscsv1.csv (1.5 KB)

Your answer is in your error message, you are trying to set two rows when only one is required.

Use select item from list block...

1 Like

It is very difficult to give any advice. You appear to have simply applied the blocks from 3 or 4 different example projects, created by others or yourself, into one project, and expected it to work ?

Could I suggest that your organise your blocks in a logical workflow, so that they can be followed. A written workflow, in words, would also help to understand how each section is supposed to work and how it links to the next. Doing this may help you to get your project working yourself....

Hello Tim,

You are right I have applied the blocks from many projects. I tried hard to solve the problems and I have repeated rebuilding the blocks 3 times but I stock in and I couldn't continue. Now I stock in timingcsv and it works fine just with only one reader and works with the first page. I have tested and works fine with the APIKEY link for downloading the sound directly but I removed it. I just need to fix timingcsv because I have 17 Readers. So I need 17 timingsFiles I replaced the name of csv file "timingscsv1" to "1soundlinks,2soundlinks,3soundlinks,..." and there are 114 pages. So each Reader has 114 Mp3 sound file. I put in this app only 2 readers as an example in order to test it. Also I ziped them in webprefe.zip because there are many files.

If is possible for you just to add and edit the blocks in order to join many readers for each page in the example you have built it in the previous one.

Thank you very much Tim.

It seems you have a list of timingcsv files, and contained within each file is a list of timings. You will need to make a selection list of the timingcsv files, so that the user can pick one, then make a list of the timings within the selected timingcsv file, also for the user to select.

You are right. That is a very hard for me because it is a very complicated.

Just take your time, test at each stage to ensure what you have done works.
Make a separate test aia project to build just this part, if it helps.

Hello Tim,
Would you please tell me in some detail so that I can solve this problem. I am so sorry for disturbing you so much.

• You have a list of files
  • Select one of the files from the list
  • Open the file
  • Inside the file you have a list of timings with the sound file information
  • Add this list of timings to a list
  • Select one of the items from the list
  • Set this item as your timingcsv variable for use
1 Like

Hello Tim,
Believe me I have tried many times but still I can't solve this problem. It is a very complicated one.
So please if you can solve it for me I really appreciate you. So I have attached the readerv1Demo.aia and I have added the files in the assets.
readerV1Demo.aia (3.4 MB)
There are two pages 1.csv 2.csv and 4 sounds two for each reader and there are "timingscsv1.csv" "timingscsv2.csv" for both readers.

You are a very good man who deserve a very well life for ever!

The file ID is the same for all four entries

1JrIYq7WGMeaVbXN5VzBo5ZprpynZxUsd

Do I just ignore this, because you have the sound files in the assets ?

Also, in which order do you want to select things?

Reader (1 or 2)
File (1 or 2)

or

File (1 or 2)
Reader (1 or 2)
1 Like

The file ID is the same for all four entries. Because I put them just as an example but in real project I they will be changed acording to the file.

The user first of all will select the page index (Page # 1,...,, ... ..... Page # 100) then will select reader from the List in order to listen all pages with the same reader ( Reader 1 ...... or Reader 10 Or Reader 17) because there are 17 readers.

:frowning:

1 Like

In order to be easy for you, The user can go throw pages by using next or back butons or by using list viewer. Also he can select the reader from listveiewer