A book with ListViewer (or Label Display of csv )

Hello Tim,
I have added two rows in timingscsv for two pages but it shows a message
timingscsv1.csv (1.5 KB)

Your answer is in your error message, you are trying to set two rows when only one is required.

Use select item from list block...

1 Like

It is very difficult to give any advice. You appear to have simply applied the blocks from 3 or 4 different example projects, created by others or yourself, into one project, and expected it to work ?

Could I suggest that your organise your blocks in a logical workflow, so that they can be followed. A written workflow, in words, would also help to understand how each section is supposed to work and how it links to the next. Doing this may help you to get your project working yourself....

Hello Tim,

You are right I have applied the blocks from many projects. I tried hard to solve the problems and I have repeated rebuilding the blocks 3 times but I stock in and I couldn't continue. Now I stock in timingcsv and it works fine just with only one reader and works with the first page. I have tested and works fine with the APIKEY link for downloading the sound directly but I removed it. I just need to fix timingcsv because I have 17 Readers. So I need 17 timingsFiles I replaced the name of csv file "timingscsv1" to "1soundlinks,2soundlinks,3soundlinks,..." and there are 114 pages. So each Reader has 114 Mp3 sound file. I put in this app only 2 readers as an example in order to test it. Also I ziped them in webprefe.zip because there are many files.

If is possible for you just to add and edit the blocks in order to join many readers for each page in the example you have built it in the previous one.

Thank you very much Tim.

It seems you have a list of timingcsv files, and contained within each file is a list of timings. You will need to make a selection list of the timingcsv files, so that the user can pick one, then make a list of the timings within the selected timingcsv file, also for the user to select.

You are right. That is a very hard for me because it is a very complicated.

Just take your time, test at each stage to ensure what you have done works.
Make a separate test aia project to build just this part, if it helps.

Hello Tim,
Would you please tell me in some detail so that I can solve this problem. I am so sorry for disturbing you so much.

• You have a list of files
  • Select one of the files from the list
  • Open the file
  • Inside the file you have a list of timings with the sound file information
  • Add this list of timings to a list
  • Select one of the items from the list
  • Set this item as your timingcsv variable for use
1 Like

Hello Tim,
Believe me I have tried many times but still I can't solve this problem. It is a very complicated one.
So please if you can solve it for me I really appreciate you. So I have attached the readerv1Demo.aia and I have added the files in the assets.
readerV1Demo.aia (3.4 MB)
There are two pages 1.csv 2.csv and 4 sounds two for each reader and there are "timingscsv1.csv" "timingscsv2.csv" for both readers.

You are a very good man who deserve a very well life for ever!

The file ID is the same for all four entries

1JrIYq7WGMeaVbXN5VzBo5ZprpynZxUsd

Do I just ignore this, because you have the sound files in the assets ?

Also, in which order do you want to select things?

Reader (1 or 2)
File (1 or 2)

or

File (1 or 2)
Reader (1 or 2)
1 Like

The file ID is the same for all four entries. Because I put them just as an example but in real project I they will be changed acording to the file.

The user first of all will select the page index (Page # 1,...,, ... ..... Page # 100) then will select reader from the List in order to listen all pages with the same reader ( Reader 1 ...... or Reader 10 Or Reader 17) because there are 17 readers.

:frowning:

1 Like

In order to be easy for you, The user can go throw pages by using next or back butons or by using list viewer. Also he can select the reader from listveiewer

Can you explain the numbering of the sound files (mp3)?

I can see that the first number indicates the text file and that the last number indicates the reader:

110401.mp3
110402.mp3

What happens to the numbering when the file gets past number 9? Example for file 11:

1110401.mp3
1110402.mp3

and similarly with the reader? Examples for reader 7 and reader 15:

110407.mp3

110415.mp3
or
1104015.mp3

???

Please give examples of how this works.

[EDIT] actually it doesn't matter, i believe i can get everything i need from the timingcsv files :wink:

1 Like

The first number indicates the reader and the last number indicates the text file:
Reader 1
110401 Text file 1
110402 Text file 2
110403 Text file 3 etc
sample.csv (1.5 KB)

Reader 2
210401 Text file 1
210402 Text file 2
310403 Text file 3 etc

Reader 3
310401 Text file 1
310402 Text file 2
310403 Text file 3 etc

And for a reader more than 9 ?

The readers are More than 17 and I update them from time to time so I put a csv lnk just for readers sound.

This should do it, although difficult to test with the data/files you provided.

You will see that there are hard coded lists at the top of the blocks, created from files in the assets. In production you would build these lists dynamically from your google drive files and data. Indexing is important, so, for example, 3.csv should be at the same index (3?) as timingscsv3.csv in their repsective lists.

As I described above,

• the user selects a file
  • the file is set to a variable and the content displayed
  • the user then selects a reader
  • the selected reader is set to a variable
  • this is then used, along with the index of the selected textfile, to select and read the timings file at the same index
  • The selected item in the list is matched to the reader, then the timings are converted (an extra value of 0 is added to the timings list
  • user then selects the ReadAll or Select buttons as before

readerV1Demo2Selections.aia (3.4 MB)

1 Like

Hello Tim,
Thank you so much Tim for doing it. It is really a very great job. I think it need a little editing because when I select file 1 from File List and select reader 1, it works fine but after I reselect the reader to reader 2, the prevous reader reads file 2.