Youtube full screen view

i create our youtube channel app but our app not working youtube full screen option

I doubt if this is a bug.

You need to provide more information, an image of your relevant blocks, how your are trying to show Youtube fullscreen. Did you see this: How to use Activity Starter to view a Youtube video in full screen

ok but i create browser but our app youtube full screen option not available why ?

As I said...please do:

1 Like

As far as I know, this has never been possible with WebViewer

Full screen is an apparent problem when using the ActivityStarter to view YouTube video. The ActivityStarter, by default, brings up the YouTube video in Mobile app mode using your device’s default browser. This example assumes the default on your device is Chrome.

Set your Screen1 to Landscape mode. You should be able to use full screen mode with some manual intervention using this code:

When the mobile YouTube screen appears, switch from the Mobile app option to Desktop mode.Click on the Chrome browser settings menu in the upper right corner and then check “Desktop site.”

When you are switched to Desktop mode touch the screen, a small icon set appears, click the center icon.

Instead of partial screen video, you now have a FULL screen video

A full screen video was achieved on an Android 8.1 tablet. Works fine for me. Does this work for you?

As far as I know, it is not possible to force Chrome to start and display a Desktop view instead of a Mobile view using intents (ActivityStarter) . Perhaps someone else knows how? Does the the full screen work with other browsers? Sorry, I do not know. Experiment and let us know.

Regards,
Steve

@SteveJG

Does the example provided by Taifun no longer work ?

@TIMAI2

Two 'problems with Taifun’s current example code.

1. Taifun’s url for the video on YouTube is no longer valid. Change the YouTube id to a ‘current’ video and the example plays a video in Mobile mode. Without manual intervention, the video will not display in full screen.

The upper link works

youtube

Taifun’s original link as per his example does not. His example generates a 601 error. No corresponding activity was found.

1. Full screen video is only possible if the browser is in Desktop mode. Taifun’s code does not force Desktop browser mode. The example might have worked at one time. Evolution of browser capabilities and ‘smart’ code on the YouTube site automatically loads in Mobile mode at the present time.

Taifun’s example, posted in 2014 no longer automatically displays full screen or even works. :frowning:

Does Taifun’s example show Full screen when you use it? It certainly does not on my Tablet.

– Steve

1 Like

Works for me:
blocksytfull
(you have to add the extras as shown in Aaron’s post)

@TIMAI2 Certainly does NOT work using an Android tablet using os 8.1 on my tablet. Your example, with the Extra’s still produces a 601 error. :frowning:

Your example, with the modified url as shown (and the Extras) , does launch the Desktop mode. :slight_smile: (nice). The user must manually touch the screen and use the center icon that appears in the lower right to elicit the FULL SCREEN video.

What Android version are you using Tim? What is your default browser? Are you using a cell or a tablet?

You are able to use the url   vnd.youtube:WTiNfk2sepc      ; I have to use  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTiNfk2sepc on my Tablet. The vnd.... does not work for my device.

Interesting, what happens if you use the url I suggest?

–Steve

Tested using companion app on HTC10 Android 7.0
I believe VIEW is opening the Youtube app not Chrome

Hi I just have one question does that script if uploaded it to google play violates their TOS ?

thank you.

@Don_Ammar Yes, it probably will violate the TOS if you upload. See this Forum discussion https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mitappinventortest/imperati$20bean|sort:date/mitappinventortest/AKUPgHqRlZE/2zf3R0uABwAJ

Load an app with a link to a uTube video to GooglePlay and the app probably will be suspended from Google Play.

Try and find out for sure. You might ask them. If the uTube link points to a video that is not something that is copyrighted, posting in your app on GooglePlay might be OK. You need to research this with those concerned. Let us know what you find out. Thanks.

1 Like

No I mean my own youtube videos , I think they will automatically ban it , you know google play they love these stuff :smiley: ask me they have their eyes on me 60000000 / 6

Again, try and find out for sure. You might ask them. If the uTube link points to a video that is not something that is copyrighted, posting the link in your app on GooglePlay might be OK. You need to research this with those concerned. Let us know what you find out. Thanks.

This is not an AI2 issue.

1 Like