Youtube background play

Thank you for your answer.
The answer to your question is yes.
I attach the application made by App Inventor and the file I received from Google Play.
I can't attach the application file here...

Hello again Jisoo

1. Sorry but private messages are not accepted.
    Please add your posts to your original Forum Topic.
  2. We need to see your Project file (.aia), or at least your Blocks.
  3. We need to see the actual Google Play file.

Attach files to your post via:
UploadToPost

You can export your Project via the "My Projects" drop-down menu:
Export Project

You can capture your Blocks Code in App Inventor. Via the right-mouse-click menu, select "Download blocks as image".
download blocks

Yes. Can I check it with this?
GPN_0703.aia (108.1 KB)

Ok, so your App consists of five buttons that goto web pages on your website. The web pages consist of text, images and YouTube links.

The site is clearly religious.

Where is the Google Play document that rejects your App?

Google Play has issues with at least some apps that provide links to YouTube. Your app probably will violate the TOS terms of service if you upload to Google Play. See this Forum discussion https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mitappinventortest/imperati$20bean|sort:date/mitappinventortest/AKUPgHqRlZE/2zf3R0uABwAJ

Load an app with a link to a YouTube video to GooglePlay and the app probably will be suspended or not allowed to be posted on Google Play. What probably is happening is YouTube does not want developers accessing the videos on their platform other than using YouTube's apps and Google is indicating that you are not allowed to create an app that links to one or more off the YouTube video's in your app. You can build the app but are not allowed to distribute it on Google Play because it violates their policies.

Regards,
Steve

Hello. Thanks to you, I was able to make it using the App Inventor on our homepage. I was happy to sign up for Google Play last week, but I was rejected for violating my policy due to YouTube's background play. When I checked, I was able to see that the YouTube video in the homepage plays through the app, unlike when I watch YouTube videos on my browser, even if the screen on my phone is turned off.
How should I solve this problem?
Homepage is http://gnpnews.org/
Please check.

Hello Jisoo_Lee

Your website plays your own videos, hosted by YouTube, on demand - is that correct?

1. We need to see your Project to understand what happens with your App.
  2. We also need to see a screen capture of the rejection by Google Play. Can't help you without that.

Yes, that's right.
This is the image from Google.

...and the written Google document?

Hello. Christopher.
I got it in Korean, so I'll summarize the contents.The e-mail I received from Google that I could not upload the app because it violated information about device and network abuse policies. So I sent an e-mail asking for a detailed explanation, and the response I received was about running the background of YouTube when cell phone was in standby mode.

Jisoo, no problem with the document being in Korean.

Jisoo LEE κ°œλ°œμžλ‹˜, μ•ˆλ…•ν•˜μ„Έμš”.
졜근 λ³΅μŒκΈ°λ„μ‹ λ¬Έ(appinventor.ai_hukuin0316.GPN_0624) 앱을 κ²€ν† ν•œ κ²°κ³Ό 앱이 ν•˜λ‚˜ μ΄μƒμ˜ 개발자 ν”„λ‘œκ·Έλž¨ 정책을 μ€€μˆ˜ν•˜μ§€ μ•ŠλŠ” κ²ƒμœΌλ‘œ ν™•μΈλ˜μ—ˆμŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€. μ•„λž˜μ—μ„œ μ•± μƒνƒœμ™€ λ¬Έμ œν•΄κ²° 방법을 μžμ„Ένžˆ μ•Œμ•„λ³΄μ‹œκΈ° λ°”λžλ‹ˆλ‹€.
μœ„λ°˜ μ‚¬μœ \ 48xauto κΈ°κΈ° 및 λ„€νŠΈμ›Œν¬ μ•…μš© μ •μ±… κ΄€λ ¨ 정보
μ‚¬μš©μžμ˜ κΈ°κΈ°, 기타 κΈ°κΈ° λ˜λŠ” 컴퓨터, μ„œλ²„, λ„€νŠΈμ›Œν¬, μ• ν”Œλ¦¬μΌ€μ΄μ…˜ ν”„λ‘œκ·Έλž˜λ° μΈν„°νŽ˜μ΄μŠ€(API), μ„œλΉ„μŠ€(기기에 μ„€μΉ˜λœ 기타 μ•±, Google μ„œλΉ„μŠ€, 승인된 이동톡신사 λ„€νŠΈμ›Œν¬λ₯Ό ν¬ν•¨ν•˜λ‚˜ 이에 κ΅­ν•œλ˜μ§€ μ•ŠμŒ)λ₯Ό λ°©ν•΄ν•˜κ±°λ‚˜, μž‘λ™μ— 지μž₯을 μ£Όκ±°λ‚˜, μ†μƒν•˜κ±°λ‚˜, λ¬΄λ‹¨μœΌλ‘œ μ•‘μ„ΈμŠ€ν•˜λŠ” 앱은 ν—ˆμš©λ˜μ§€ μ•ŠμŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€.

앱이 μ„œλΉ„μŠ€ 약관을 μœ„λ°˜ν•˜λŠ” λ°©μ‹μœΌλ‘œ μ„œλΉ„μŠ€ λ˜λŠ” API에 μ•‘μ„ΈμŠ€ν•˜κ±°λ‚˜ 이λ₯Ό μ‚¬μš©ν•΄μ„œλŠ” μ•ˆ λ©λ‹ˆλ‹€. 예λ₯Ό λ“€μ–΄, μ•±μ—μ„œ YouTube μ„œλΉ„μŠ€ 약관을 μœ„λ°˜ν•˜λŠ” λ°©λ²•μœΌλ‘œ YouTube λ™μ˜μƒμ„ μ˜€ν”„λΌμΈ μ €μž₯ν•˜κ±°λ‚˜ μ‚¬μš©ν•˜κ³  이λ₯Ό 톡해 μˆ˜μ΅μ„ μ°½μΆœν•΄μ„œλŠ” μ•ˆ λ©λ‹ˆλ‹€.
κ²Œμ‹œ μƒνƒœ\ 48xauto μ•± μƒνƒœ: 거뢀됨
μ •μ±… 문제둜 인해 앱이 κ±°λΆ€λ˜μ—ˆμœΌλ©° κ²Œμ‹œλ˜μ§€ μ•Šμ•˜μŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€. κΈ°μ‘΄ μ•±μ˜ μ—…λ°μ΄νŠΈλ₯Ό μ œμΆœν•˜μ‹  것이라면 이전에 κ²Œμ‹œλœ 버전은 Google Playμ—μ„œ μ‚¬μš©μžμ—κ²Œ 계속 μ œκ³΅λ©λ‹ˆλ‹€.
쑰치 ν•„μš”: μ—…λ°μ΄νŠΈν•œ 앱을 μ œμΆœν•˜μ—¬ κ²€ν† λ°›κΈ°
Google Play에 앱을 κ²Œμ‹œν•˜μ‹œλ €λ©΄ λ‹€μŒ 단계λ₯Ό λ”°λ₯΄μ„Έμš”.

1. [κΈ°κΈ° 및 λ„€νŠΈμ›Œν¬ μ•…μš©]정책을 읽고 μžμ„Έν•œ λ‚΄μš©μ„ ν™•μΈν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€.

1. 앱이 정책을 μ€€μˆ˜ν•˜λ„λ‘ λ³€κ²½ν•˜κ³  μœ„μ— μ„€λͺ…λœ 문제λ₯Ό ν•΄κ²°ν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€. λ˜ν•œ ν•΄λ‹Ήν•˜λŠ” 경우 μ•±μ˜ μŠ€ν† μ–΄ 등둝정보도 정책을 μ€€μˆ˜ν•˜λŠ”μ§€ ν™•μΈν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€.
  2. 앱이 λ‹€λ₯Έ λͺ¨λ“  개발자 ν”„λ‘œκ·Έλž¨ 정책을 μ€€μˆ˜ν•˜λŠ”μ§€ λ‹€μ‹œ ν•œλ²ˆ ν™•μΈν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€.
  3. [Play Console]에 λ‘œκ·ΈμΈν•˜μ—¬ μ•± μ—…λ°μ΄νŠΈλ₯Ό μ œμΆœν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€.
    μ§€μ›νŒ€μ— 문의
    정책을 κ²€ν† ν–ˆμœΌλ©° Google의 결정이 잘λͺ»λ˜μ—ˆλ‹€κ³  μƒκ°ν•˜μ‹œλ©΄ Google [μ •μ±… μ§€μ›νŒ€]에 λ¬Έμ˜ν•˜μ‹œκΈ° λ°”λžλ‹ˆλ‹€. μ˜μ—…μΌ κΈ°μ€€ 2일 이내에 μ—°λ½λ“œλ¦¬κ² μŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€.
    Google Playκ°€ κ°œλ°œμžμ™€ μ†ŒλΉ„μž λͺ¨λ‘μ—κ²Œ 만쑱슀러운 κ²½ν—˜μ„ μ œκ³΅ν•  수 μžˆλ„λ‘ μ§€μ†μ μœΌλ‘œ ν˜‘λ ₯ν•΄ μ£Όμ…”μ„œ κ°μ‚¬ν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€. Google Play에 μ•±μ˜ μ—…λ°μ΄νŠΈλœ 버전이 κ²Œμ‹œλ  수 있기λ₯Ό λ°”λžλ‹ˆλ‹€.
    [섀문쑰사(2λ¬Έν•­)에 μ°Έμ—¬ν•˜μ…”μ„œ 개발자 ν™˜κ²½ κ°œμ„ μ— 동참해 μ£Όμ„Έμš”.

OK, I think we may be able to fix that, I will take a look.

Hi again Jisoo

Some things of note:

• Your 512 x 512 icon will crash the installation on some phones. Change it to a 96 x 96 PNG file (preferably zero compression).

• Your Screen1 JPG image file can also cause an installation crash - it's highly compressed. I suggest that you crop it tightly to the logo area and save it as a 24 bit PNG with zero compression. You can position it on screen in a Horizontal Arrangement. The Text at the bottom, 'Gospel Prayer Newspaper' can simply be text in a Label.

https://www.professorcad.co.uk/appinventortips#TipsImages
https://www.professorcad.co.uk/appinventortips#TipsApk

• You might want to consider reducing the time the User has to stare at the Screen 1 image! :grin: In fact, I have found that it causes an issue. When the User is returned to Screen 1, the timer will send him/her back to Screen 3. So, that timer has to be replaced with a button to enter the website.

On Screen 3 you are using labels as separators, good practice but you must give a height - it can't be automatic because that results in a height of zero. Also, setting the width in pixels will make the tool bar too small on some phones and too wide on others - best to use % values.

Concerning the YouTube links continuing to play when the App is Closed. We can return the Web Viewer to the home URL and return the User to Screen 1, Closing Screen 3. The User can exit the App from Screen 1 - encourage this with an exit button (which closes the App). This is not a perfect solution because it is still possible for the User to exit the App while on Screen 3 via the device button, so I have added an exit button to the Screen 3 toolbar as an added incentive for the User to use the App buttons.

I really do not know if Google will accept it.

Test the attached as an APK
GPN_0703_2.aia (110.8 KB)

Screen 1

Screen 3

Hi Christopher
Thank you very much.
I'll try.
Thank you so much.

what about using the tools extension together with its ActivityStateChanged event?

if state = pause
then do what ever you like to do, for example stop playing the video

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Hi Taifun

By 'state = pause' you mean detect that the home button has been tapped to dismiss the App?

Hello. Christopher
If you click an article on the webviewer page, you have to go to the article page, but it doesn't. I think we need to solve this problem. And I don't think the video problem on YouTube has been solved.
and I will study more about the activityStateChanged you taught me. Thank you.

Hi Jisoo

If links on the website do not work in the Web Viewer:

1. Check the properties palette - is "follow links" selected ?
  2. The web page has something incompatible with the Web Viewer

I think the issue of the video continuing to play after the App has been closed via the device home button is a 50-50 issue. We have put in place measures to prevent the issue, including a note to the User. That may or may not be acceptable.

The Activity State Change was suggested by my colleague Taifun. I have not worked out how to apply it to your case.