YailList message

I am making a countdown timer for which should appear in 20 labels. I have made a list including all these labels and using it in one block instead of having 20 different blocks, though when I ran the code I get the following message:

Property getter was expecting a com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Label component but got a YailList instead.

I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

timer

You need to iterate over your list “global timers” and set the component as “item”

This still will not work, because all you will do is set each label to 9 (tiempo - 1)
You need to reduce the value of tiempo by 1 after each full iteration

Learn about using lists:

General Tutorials

Thank you for your response, I still have not been able to get my logic to work. I am trying to reduce my blocks to the minimum possible. Could you please take a look at my blocks and give me a suggestion to find a way to get around this.

Here are my original blocks and what I am trying to replace them with

From what I can see you are trying to do one of two things:

1. Count down from 10 to 0 on 20 labels at the same time

or

1. Count down the first label, then count down the second label, then the third and so on

or something else?

Please explain what you are trying to achieve…

Thank you very much for your response. I am making a quiz App with 20 random questions, when the player initiates the game a question pops up allowing 10 seconds to answer, if the question is answered right and before 10 seconds another question appears allowing another 10 seconds to chose an answer. What I’m trying to do is count down in each of the timers as the game iterates through each question.

Then what you are doing is not the best way of handling the timings. You can use one clock and one label to achieve this with some logic.

Try to work something up based upon what you have written above, using the questions and answers as the trigger points for your timer/label.

2 posts were split to a new topic: List of components poorly named