Working hours APP

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the community.

I would like my employees to clock in via a smartphone app. I have clear ideas about the project, but I am not able to carry it out. If there is someone in the community who takes care of it, I can correspond financially.
The app must have the possibility, during the setup phase, to enter a unique numerical code that identifies the operator. Below the operator has only two buttons, Entry and Exit. Every time the operator presses one of the two buttons, a record must be created containing day, month, year, hour, minutes and the clocking direction (E or U). This record can be saved locally on the smartphone, but must be sent to an ftp server as an append to a text file (example tibrature.txt)

Let me know if there is something I can take inspiration from and if anyone is interested in developing it.

Happy Sunday everyone

1. Do they have to be in a certain location (e.g. factory/office) to clock in and out, or can they be anywhere (trusted....)

2. Does it have to be a text file via ftp ? It may be easier to use Google Sheets and a google apps script?

3. Where will you store the unique codes for each employee / how will they get their code, and only use their own ?

1 Like

Search this board for Marathon for design ideas.

1 Like
  1. They must be in the office;
  2. Currently the physical terminal with badge produces a text file on a file system server and dedicated software processes attendance based on this text file. This is why I asked for an ftp connection to append the remote information;
  3. There must be the possibility on the APP to define the unique code manually, or self-generated (10 numeric characters).

Thank you very much

That is a big number to remember. You probably want to use two factor auth, name/nickname + 4 digit number, these combined will be unique.

ftp is not an issue, but may require a paid extension, not to sure how you ftp "values" into an existing file though.....

That is a big number to remember. You probably want to use two factor auth, name/nickname + 4 digit number, these combined will be unique.

I certainly expressed myself badly.
The 10-character number is the virtual badge that must be entered into the app only once (uniquely identifies the smartphone person).
I need that when the information comes to me we have this format:
00TT0000CCCCCCCCC0DDMMYY0hhmm0V0XX
FORMAT=00TT0000CCCCCCCCC0DDMMYY0hhmm0V0XX
T=Terminal ID
C=Badge code
DD=Day
MM=Month
YY=Year(2 numbers)
hh=hour
mm=minutes
V=direction (in=1 \ out=0)
XX=causal code (2 numb.)

OK, that makes sense. You may want to generate a smartphone specific code to ensure the reference number relates to the smartphone in use....

How will you know that? Do they scan a qrcode at the office door, or get their smartphone geolocation (you could use a ring fence if close enough is good enough (e.g. in the car park outside the office))?

How will you know that? Do they scan a qrcode at the office door, or get their smartphone geolocation (you could use a ring fence if close enough is good enough (e.g. in the car park outside the office))?

I like the QR code solution on the office door. You could use the very simple qrcode which in the string could be TT=Terminal ID