Why is there no Turkish language support on this platform?

1.Why there is no Turkish language on this platform.2. How do I access the Java codes of the application I'm making?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

If I'm not mistaken, you may want to use: Java Bridge (appinventor.org).
It (no longer, unfortunately. Read post 5) allows you to convert your App Inventor project into Java.

2 Likes

You are mistaken Nishyanth, that project is not compatible with AI2. In any case, that is not what is required for the issue.

1 Like

my dear friend, Appinventor is open source platform, you can contribute to make turkish available in it, you will need to use https://weblate.appinventor.mit.edu/

1 Like

How? .......

Are you talking about this site App Inventor Community or the actual App Inventor Site (or at least one of them)?
Edit: Since this is in the Site Feedback category, I will consider it to be the former until you reply.

Hello Cem - by that you mean the App Inventor IDE? If you are willing to do the translation yourself, reply to that effect here and I will ask MIT developer Susan Lane to contact you.

With respect to using the Turkish Language in your App - you can do that. If you are having problems, it is possible that the standard text font does not support all the characters you require - but you can add a font that does.

You cannot access the 'Java' your App uses - for a start it does not only use Java, it uses Scheme as well. If you want your App to be written in Java then it's best to do so from scratch. You can use Android Studio to do this. https://developer.android.com/studio

2 Likes

www.kodular.io This site has Turkish language support. Example.

Reason why?

App invertor

as you can see here https://weblate.appinventor.mit.edu/projects/appinventor/#languages the translation is 95% finished... you could be the one to contribute the remaining 5%...

Unbenannt

Taifun

2 Likes

The AppInventor platform is open-source, mostly based on the free work of many volunteers. If there are not too many volunteers from a certain country, then there is no translation. As Tajfun mentioned you can finish the translation.

I will work on it in my spare time.

1 Like

We have a Turkish translation complete enough to release, but it was built under our old Google Translator Toolkit translation system and ended up with a lot of incorrect automatic translations in it. (Think things like "tan" for tangent being translated as tan the color.)

We actually have several students reviewing it right now. We'd love to have more help. If you're interested in helping finish it, please send me a private message.

1 Like

I'll finish this job.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.