Where did the translation go?

Great job @Diego :+1:

Thanks @Diego. We decided we would wait until this was merged and now it looks like we can move forward.

3 Likes

hello, excellent news for the start of 2020 :slight_smile:
I was not comfortable with the github :frowning:
can you describe how it is installed
thank you for your work.

I am going to look into installing the translation plugin with Diego’s changes tomorrow (was going to do it today, but got distracted).

1 Like

Update on Updating Discourse. The ability to install and update Discourse is currently broken. Maxmind GeoIP is required for the build process and Maxmind has blocked anonymous access. This in turn causes the Discourse build to fail (and you have to do a build to install a plugin). The Discourse folks have a fix, but they have not released it yet.

I am looking into deploying a patched version of Discourse to get around the problem, but this is non-trivial. I’m going to wait a few days and see if the official fix gets released. I would rather stay in line with the official releases then start hacking around.

Btw. The discourse build process is horrible. Although easy on the surface, it suffers from third party dependencies that can break the build (like we have now). The build process also downloads code without specifying a particular version from the Internet during the build. This means that I can do a build on my test server, verify that all is well and a day later do a build on the production system and get different code that may not work as it did during testing. This means that I have to do testing reasonably close in time to when I am going to deploy code in production. Non ideal.

4 Likes

At long last I was able to upgrade discourse and install the translations plugin (thanks @Diego). It is enabled and configured for Yandex.

7 Likes

Thank you !!!

translate

just select the globe and the page translates.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.