When I enable this block, a problem occurs and error saving message appears

When I enable this block, a problem occurs and error saving message appears and i cant build apk file, and when I disable it, there is no problem

How many blocks do you have or do you have bunch of text block with in in them

P.S. you might have reached the maximum block count

There's no bunch of text, just x y coordinates an commas and \n

I meant how many blocks in total for your project

There is only 24960 blocks in this screen , There are no problems with this large number except this problem

As I mentioned earlier

this is to much

When you have too many blocks spread out over too large a surface area,
the Blocks Editor hits a complexity limit when it tries to generate a blocks.png file for the screen.

There are two main approaches to deal with this:

• Start a Google Doc with a Table of Contents explaining your app, with sections for Design, Data, Code, including Downloaded Png images of all Events, Procedures, Globals, and with html cross-links for easy navigation. Such a doc becomes easier to read than a complete blocks image, because you have FIND, Next, PREV, back functionality, and you can add paragraphs of commentary around your code. This is my preferred life saver when doing a very large complex app. If you go this route, try to arrange your blocks geographically in a column matching the order of your Table of Contents, then do periodic Clean Up Blocks to pull them inline. This sometimes lowers the load on the Blocks Editor.
  • Reduce your block count:
    • Use parametrized procedures for common code
    • Use Media text files instead of big clumps of text blocks
    • Use generic blocks instead of repeating component event blocks
    • Encode repeating decision patterns into lookup tables loaded from Media csv text files (does your blocks image look like a box of combs?)
    • You don't need a component for every data instance. Reuse those components.
    • If you can't fit data into a ListView or List Picker, show a small subset of the data in an Arrangement and slide it across the larger list of data.

Is there a tutorial to explain the first point?

• Start a Google Doc with a Table of Contents explaining your app

a tutorial no, but an example is here Button Calendar - Google Docs

Taifun

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.