What is the use of tinywebdb

what is the use of tinywebdb?

hi !
i guess this would be helpful
(http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/components/storage.html#TinyWebDB)

can we go to a website by clicking on it

yes we can go
that's the link of website only

then what is tinydb

what is web viewer and is web viewer is similar to tinywebdb

tinywebdb:- Non-visible component that communicates with a Web service to store and retrieve information.
you should go to the provided link ok?
first clear your doubt regarding TinyWebDB
then read this:-
TinyDB is a non-visible component that stores data for an app.

Apps created with App Inventor are initialized each time they run: If an app sets the value of a variable and the user then quits the app, the value of that variable will not be remembered the next time the app is run. In contrast, TinyDB is a persistent data store for the app, that is, the data stored there will be available each time the app is run. An example might be a game that saves the high score and retrieves it each time the game is played.

Data items are strings stored under tags . To store a data item, you specify the tag it should be stored under. Subsequently, you can retrieve the data that was stored under a given tag.

There is only one data store per app. Even if you have multiple TinyDB components, they will use the same data store. To get the effect of separate stores, use different keys. Also each app has its own data store. You cannot use TinyDB to pass data between two different apps on the phone, although you can use TinyDb to shares data between the different screens of a multi-screen app.

When you are developing apps using the AI Companion, all the apps using that companion will share the same TinyDb. That sharing will disappear once the apps are packaged. But, during development, you should be careful to clear the TinyDb each time you start working on a new app.

i think you should see the tutorials on how to use MIT app inventor & you can know about each component trough MIT app inventor site only

what should be used to store an individual persons data in app

sorry somewhat understands

but i am really unable to understand your english

AFTER GIVING WEBSITER URL WHAT I HAVE TO CODE

if your doubt is how to store data using tinyDb then :-blocks
u can use this way

2 Likes

A web viewer is like a browser, you can see the content from a web page, but when i backpress, it don't goes to previous page, runs the when screen.backpressed even. It is like a browser, really different from tinywebDB, that stores information.

Hey !
TinyDB is to store the data in your phones memory
so it might even get backed up after uninstallation of the app and Also that TinyDB is offline (No internet required)
Whereas Web viewer is online

I will try to explain. You cannot visit a web page using tinyweb db, you can store data on its server. To visit a web page, use the web viewer.
Answering to your question, to store data about a single user, use tiny db
If you want to use data to multiple devices, use cloud db, firebase db or tinyweb db