What is the best way to make a parallel list?

Hello all,

Quick question: What is the best way to make a parallel list? Should I separate the items by comma and use the replace.text and split.comma blocks or should I have two separate lists with corresponding indexes using the selection.index block?
This will be a list I will be constantly editing and adding to in the app, (it will be bookmarks for a browser), and will also be shown in a list picker.

-Thanks for the earlier help, and advice from y'all-

-Happy holidays,¡Felices Fiestas!, 节日快乐, Laethanta saoire sona!, 幸せな休日, Boas Festas!, Li holide eximnandi!, Forhe Feiertage!, and adios,

-NetminderNo.9Apps

how about a list of list?
or Dictionary is also a good option. item from one list as key, other as value.

Hmm :thinking:..... I haven't used the dictionary component yet in app inventor.@Kevinkun Can you show the dictionary entries in a listpicker, like side-by-side?

This is similar

1 Like

@ABG Thanks.

As a reference to others asking the same question.....
Here's what I did:
List 1 (bookmark URLs):

List 2 (named bookmarks)

Blocks for the actual process:
Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 12.25.49 PM
Code for making the bookmark name editable:

or

(the x is because they are duplicates in the same program.)
@ABG and @Kevinkun, What do you think?

I prefer the laziest way possible.

Keep two TinyDBs, with different NameSpaces: