Web page automat

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

the blocks are not relevant to the OSG site as they use JSON and OSG site doesnt.

apidocs.os.uk/docs/os-places-postcode

API for Ordnance Survey that I used

To post some irrelevant blocks does not really make sense, does it?

What does the OSG site return? Any examples? Please provide the result content as text rather than a screenshot

What exactly does that mean? Can you elaborate?

As far as I can see, that API returns JSON

Taifun

I did provide you the address of OSG (One Scotland Gazetteer) earlier.
OSG provides exactly the same type of data that Ordnance Survey does. UPRN / coordinates for every individual property.
But OSG data is always more up to date than OS data.
OSG shows new postcodes and properties built before OS does.
OSG returns the below data, one of the properties result of the search for post / zip code AB39 8BP -
xxxxxxx street address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
CHAPELTON
AB39 8BP
Postal Town: STONEHAVEN
Custodian: Aberdeenshire
UPRN: 151180251

Ordnance Survey says the post / zip code doesnt exist (yet)

The issue I have is that one site has an API but old data ...
the other site has current data but no API ... i can go do manualk search on the web page but cant automate it.

I see a REST interface for OSG at
https://osg.scot/portal/Upload?flag=viewAttach&mpgId=1IR6IWEsTFTZwJ%2B95YCf9yQ4mvtqGpwPiVBF53tIFRCE23zIVb6%2BaEXKD6dvZZkU34W6%2FkjGHjw%3D&locId=1

Resources

Webservice Documents

The following documents provide details on One Scotland Gazetteer data and the conventions to which they adhere (documents will download on click):

Technical Documentation - Approved June 2019 (took effect on1 January 2020)

Conventions and technical Documents (documents will download on click):

Gazetteer Validation guidance, Jan 2020 (documents will download on click):

Other spatial data services provided by the Improvement Service

Yes but the service is only available to " available to members of the Public Sector Geospatial Agreement"

Eligibility

These organisations are eligible automatically unless they are Excluded Bodies as defined in the Member Licence:

So I suspect the answer to my question is - no its not possible to use web-automation in App Inventor is ... no ?

This is not an AppInventor issue, the source data and how it is provided is the issue.

No, the question is "Is web-automation in App Inventor possible with web pages" yes or no

That was my question ... its quite simple.... yes or no

You do the web automation in the webviewer with javascript, just like you would do with normal html...

Also see (as previously posted)

yes i did ... that was quoted in my original post.
Taifun said "The question is, if your website is able to do it. . Does it use JavaScript? If yes, you might want to try@"
But the site doesn't, hence my original post quoting exactly that !

That was exactly where i started, try to keep up TIMAI2

as I said

so, as my original post, "Is web-automation in App Inventor possible with web pages that do not use Javascript ?"
According to Taifun it is possible if it does use Javascript but the site i want to use automation on doesn't use Javascript so is it possible to use automation with AI2 in that case ?

The answer should be yes or no ... not but if only the site has an API or some other reason that you dont need to use automation llf

ITS BINARY

Its obviously not possible.
Thank you for making the answer so obvious in your attempt to avoid answering it directly llf

There is no legal issue as my intention is to "retrieve and display Content from the Site on a computer screen". this is again just an excuse for not answering the original question.

With selenium I can automate the population of the text box and the click of the search button.

The question was is there a way to do that with AI2 ?

So the answer to my question is, no there is way to do that with AI2.

The answer is depending on the technology that page is using... someone who is familiar with that technology might know the answer...

Also the question not only is about if it technically is possible, the question is: is it legally possible...

From the terms and conditions:

Use of content

You may retrieve and display Content from the Site on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your personal, non-commercial use provided that you acknowledge the copyright owner.

Except as expressly set out above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content.

Taifun

App completed, issues solved, subtle change in approach but project completed .

Cheers Boys

post is closed no way to reply

TIMAI2 if perhaps you might have been more willing to share how to solve the problem, so that others may learn it, may not have taken so long.
You Guys are the experts, not me and you couldn't help me ??
The limitations are obvious and have been detailed on here so you should be able to figure it out, I don't need to know what you think the solution is as there is only one way to go, its not total automation but as close to and user friendly as possible.

Just a text box for post code entry and button for search on my app.
Returns a listview of addresses, selection of the correct one opens navigation to the registered GPS coordinates of the property not its address (just as what 3 words)

So you guys aren't really helping people, you are sucking the creativity out of them so you can make money out of it .

Perhaps you might share how you solved your problem, so that others may learn.

You can respond here, no need to start yet another topic on the same subject.