Web component - Cookies are not getting stored

Hello community, I have created a small application to access the data from my server. It has a login system, and when a user logins with his username and password a cookie is generated with a JWT token in it. And that cookie is return to the client.
I also have a section where the client can see only his posts. So I made a GET request where the cookie is sent as a header. So the server can unpack it and get the user ID from the JWT token.

When I created the application (front-end) in AppInventor, I used the web component to manage the requests. When I login, it created the cookie and I was able to access the posts. But when I close the application and reopen, I was not able to access the posts and it said that the cookie is not to be found.

Can anyone please help me regarding this?

Thank you
RutheniumAlpha

Are you using this block ?

Do you always send your "cookie" as a header when making a request to the server ?

I have set that property to true. And I want to send the cookie to some specific url's.

I am using the CustomWebView extension to get the cookies from URL.

The GetCookies method might take a small amount of time...
What happens, if you first get the cookie and after let's say 2 seconds do the rest?

Taifun

what is web1 here @Taifun @TIMAI2

check the documentation
http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/components/connectivity.html#Web
Taifun

Hey tried to use custom web view and i pretty much did something wrong,
I don't want to share the blocks because they are terrible,
P
Can you please show much the arrangement for,

I set a link in webview,
I opened app
App login screen comes, i loggin into app, and cookies get saved,
Next time i open app,
Automatically it gets logged in, i

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.