[Broken it no longer works. Use a weather api instead] Weather Mate ☁ [free]

So good.

Can you post your source code so that others can learn from it?

2 Likes

Be precise what exactly you want to learn from this extension's source which can't be learn from web component's source.

5 Likes

I would like to know if he converted the temperatures after getting the data from the web since I don't really know how (I forgot it).

2 Likes

hey so its like I just converted the temperature to kelvin from Celsius ( using this formula
(x°C + 273.15 = x K)) , rest everything i am getting from google

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

3 Likes

which means, you extension is dependent on the Google Weather data as well as your API... so if your server is down the extension does not work anymore... and if Google changes its data your API might not work anymore...
anyone who likes to use your extension should be aware of this...

btw. there are the following free weather APIs, which could be used by the web component...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

5 Likes

Ya it is

Most probably it will not

Like what ? I didn't got you

2 Likes

you are scraping the Google page to get the data because there does not exist an official Google API...
and Google can change its page at any time without advance warning...
which means in this case your api might fail in scraping the data...

Taifun

4 Likes

It it can happen but the chance is very low

2 Likes

Good Ext

Question... I have an option to use Celsius (Metric) on the Temp, but you don't give me an option to use km/h (Metric) on the Wind Speed?

Am I missing it? Should I do something different?

2 Likes

One way to use a weather api Parse a json list using the Web component.

3 Likes

@Yash_Sehgal22 The extension doesn't works any solutions?

1 Like

Huh...

Not possible, show your blocks

1 Like

@Yash_Sehgal22 Here are my blocks

1 Like

How do you define place if you have a place which exists in many countries, e.g. Birmingham (UK, Alabama:USA, Indiana:USA, Saskatchewan:Canada), and how do you confirm that the results returned are for that specific place?

2 Likes

hey hi , sorry for late response

so firstly there is not need to add the symbols as the extension returns the temperature with the symbol

and for this have you waited 5-6 seconds

2 Likes

I waited for 10-15 seconds still results didn't came.

1 Like

hey hi sorry for late response ,

as I said before in

so I have made a api that gets the request from the webpage and the URL is defined like

'https://www.google.com/search?q=%s+weather+%s+'+user input

and the rest work google does and also if the place is not recognized it will return blank

1 Like

would you like to share your aia on pm or here

2 Likes

Currently I am on mobile so I will upload it later.

1 Like