Volume of music

Why does the volume that I change behave as per the maximum or minimum of the current one? And not how the maximum volume is the minimum volume of the phone?

Now if I move the slider it adjusts the volume based on what is the current maximum on the phone

Player.Volume changes the Player's volume, not the device's volume.

You can use the free version of Taifun's settings extension to modify the volume of the actual device.

What blocks should I use? For extension free

In place of the mathematical "0", I put "get thumb Position"

If that is how you want to control/set the volume, then yes.

Why not try these things for yourself before asking questions?

4 Likes

I want them to stay normal the ringtone and the alarm

I would like to change only the volume ... Not the ringtone and the alarm .... How can I do?

according to the documentation App Inventor Extensions: Settings | Pura Vida Apps
there are 3 properties to get or set the volume: VolumeAlarm, VolumeMusic and VolumeRing

it looks like you are only interested in the property VolumeMusic ... what about trying something and if you get issues, post a screenshot of your relevant blocks?

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I would like to use only VolumeMusic . Without changing VolumeAlarm and VolumeRing from before and after opening the application.

I'm just using a slider where, depending on where it is, the music on the phone changes

What about trying the example project to find out what to do? Obviously you first have to get the current music volume and initialize your slider before using it

Taifun

Is it possible not to change these data entered by me?

Because from my app I would like to change only the volume of the music, I would like the extension not to modify VolumeAlarm and Volumering

just try a

set VolumeRing to get VolumeRing
set VolumeAlarm to get VolumeAlarm

during Screen.Initialize

Taifun

I can't find this block (I have the free extension)

Doesn't the extension change those two volumes by doing so?

All blocks are there in the screenshot. . The setter and the getter blocks. .
What happens, if you try the suggestion?
What about experimenting a bit yourself?

Taifun

2 Likes

Don't change ... Maybe I got some blocks wrong ... Can you show me how I can do it? :confused: