View data from one screen to another with listview and TinyDB

Dear forum members, in a previous file I have learned something about the inventor app, it is excellent. This time I would like to move forward, in the file that I upload, the data that I have on screen 2 I would like to be able to do that when selecting an item in the listview, I can see all the data of that item in the textbox of the screen 1. How do I do this?
Thanks in advance

DB_Tiny_ListView_V4.aia (16.5 KB)

Your code seems okay to me.

Btw I don't know Spanish, so couldn't figure out in which textbox you wish to display the text.

I also don't know how you are storing data in TinyDB.
Looks like you have a list of products in TinyDB, and when a user selects one of those products on Screen2, you wish to show that product in a TB on Screen1.

For that, simply use this block -

But if you want to get data from a tag in TinyDB, the tag name being the selection on Screen2, use this block -

Hope this resolves your issue!

1 Like

Thanks for your support, I have tried three blocks as you indicate but it does not work for me. I want that when selecting in the Listview of screen 2 it is seen in the textboxes of screen1.
Textbox1) Tbx_Quantity to enter the amount of what I am going to buy
Spinner: to indicate the units of measure
Textbox3) Tbx_Product, what I want to buy
Textbox4) Tbx_Price, the price or cost of the product

I think you only wish to show the start value in 1TB, why put the start value in all the textboxes?
Try this updated aia.
You were once again opening screen1, which I didn't notice.

DB_Tiny_ListView_V4(1).aia (16.6 KB)

1 Like

what about using only one screen to make things easier?
see also tip 1 here

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. it is true that putting the blocks on the same screen makes things easier. I read that a long time ago, .. but, I thought there might already be a way for these cases

if you still want to work with several screens, then you should switch screens correctly, see here The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor
and to pass values between screens the probably easier method is to use TinyDB... just store the values in one screen and get the values again in the other screen

Taifun

1 Like

Greetings to all, actually I have tried the recommendations and several attempts but it does not work for me. Now I have put two screens, .... only two ... on screen 1 to enter the data and screen 2 to see the data and other actions.
Please hope to solve.,....upload the .aia file
Thanks in advance

DB_Tiny_ListView_V5.aia (23.5 KB)

please elaborate what exactly does not work... what do you expect? what happens instead?

If you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you ...
You probably will get more feedback then...

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocks...

To download the aia file, upload it to App Inventor, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etc... this takes time, and most people will not do that...
Thank you.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

Greetings, what I want is to see in the listview of screen 2 and when selecting an item, I can see the data in the textboxes of the same screen 2

Greetings, I have managed to solve my problem, .. but I have another, I am going to open a new topic. I appreciate the kind support I have received

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.