Vagrant up resulting in Timed out

I was setting up the development environment using vagrant, but whenever I run vagrant up or vagrant up --provider=virtualbox. It results in the following issue

vagrant up --provider=virtualbox

Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider... ==> default: Checking if box 'ubuntu/bionic64' version '20201111.0.0' is up to date... ==> default: Clearing any previously set forwarded ports... ==> default: Clearing any previously set network interfaces... ==> default: Preparing network interfaces based on configuration... default: Adapter 1: nat ==> default: Forwarding ports... default: 8888 (guest) => 8888 (host) (adapter 1) default: 9876 (guest) => 9876 (host) (adapter 1) default: 9990 (guest) => 9990 (host) (adapter 1) default: 22 (guest) => 2222 (host) (adapter 1) ==> default: Running 'pre-boot' VM customizations... ==> default: Booting VM... ==> default: Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes... default: SSH address: 127.0.0.1:2222 default: SSH username: vagrant default: SSH auth method: private key Timed out while waiting for the machine to boot. This means that Vagrant was unable to communicate with the guest machine within the configured ("config.vm.boot_timeout" value) time period.

If you look above, you should be able to see the error(s) that Vagrant had when attempting to connect to the machine. These errors are usually good hints as to what may be wrong.

If you're using a custom box, make sure that networking is properly working and you're able to connect to the machine. It is a common problem that networking isn't setup properly in these boxes. Verify that authentication configurations are also setup properly, as well.

If the box appears to be booting properly, you may want to increase the timeout ("config.vm.boot_timeout") value.

Any help or solution is highly appreciated. Thank you.
P.S:- I am using the latest Virtualbox and vagrant version.

If in the VirtualBox interface you attach to the virtual machine that is created, does it show any error messages?

It is fixed now. Apparently, there was some issue with the vagrant installation, it started working properly after I reinstalled it.
Thanks for the response , looking forward to contributing to this community :slight_smile:

How to be safe vagrant

How to install vagrant

Vagrant is a separate piece of software you need to download and install on your machine. You can learn more from the Vagrant website: