Using My Own Collision Blocks

Hey, I'm working on an app for my app inventor class and we are tasked with creating a matching app for the human body. The above code for some reason doesn't function as I'd expect it to. Ignoring whether or not the other sprites are enabled, I can fix that afterwards, for some reason the score doesn't work as anticipated. For some reason, a couple of the placements when the urinary system snaps to it deducts too many points despite being called only once. I also have another variation of these blocks which can be seen on my digestive system, and instead, they snap to the bottom placements instead of the one I hover over. I'm using the emulator to run my apps and the image of the digestive blocks in addition to the aia is below. I know I could use the collided with blocks, but I'm too deep now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
matching_student_start (1).aia (45.8 KB)

This is a quick glance answer:

You are using the absolute() blocks in the wrong places.
Instead of testing

if (... - ...) < abs(10)

you should be testing

if abs(... - ...) < 10

Also, if you are doing drags, search this board for 'Sprite Cannibalism'.

That solved my entire issue. Thank you so much, as simple as it sounds that was really it

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.