User Feedback on “Implementing auto attach aia file in App Inventor Community” (GSoC 22')

Hello everyone,
Myself Devarsh Mavani, student at Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, India. I got selected for GSoC 22 for project "Implementing auto attach aia file in App Inventor Community" under mentorship of Jeffrey Schiller.

About project
While developing apps using MIT App Inventor, students often need help. For this there is this community where students can reach out for help. While the community is very helpful and makes development easier, it would be even more convenient and time-saving to have a user interface in the app inventor website itself from which users can directly ask questions in the community and project files can be automatically uploaded along with that. This summer, I will be working on it.

How this will work? (Application Flow)
While developing app, If user needs help or gets stuck, they can simply click on help button in help menu. They will be asked to connect community account (Just like google login we will have App Inventor Community Login) if not already connected. After that they can fill in details (as shown in mockup below) and click Submit button to upload the question to app inventor community website.

I had shared a similar post previously (before I got selected) and received really great feedback from users. would love to hear more from users.

Thank You

7 Likes

This was the other topic

And the proposal

Good luck with your project. I would still like that if the aia is on the community we could with a simple click open it in an Unchive enviroment to see the blocks, extensions and assets. But i don't think this is part of your project. Maybe afterwards you could implement this feature.

1 Like

Thank you
Yes I have kept that in mind. If I have about a week left after completion, I will work towards having unchive integrated (hosting and stuff).

1 Like

Actually I had done some work during my last summer of code, and I was able to read and write the aia file also, let me check in my system is the code is available or not.

Using this you can create and delete the components also.

3 Likes