Upload recorded audio on dropbox

I downloaded this: https://puravidaapps.com/dropbox.php
After that, I added sound recorder and set it up to record audio when the button is pressed.
I made some modifications on dropbox “template” for upload, and I test it with file “o.3gp” just to see if the app will send that file on dropbox - and it works.

But I want to send a recorded audio right after it is recorded to send it on that dropbox. I don’t know what I need to write in small green squares to send that recorded audio on dropbox just like that o.3gp test file

try this

you first should set the name of the recording before starting the recording…

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

Thank you.
I did what you write and you can see what I did on image.
I think that now record and upload work, but before that I get this error when I push button for rec:
“Error 1104: Unable to post or put the file " /mnt/sdcard/mySound1.3gp" with the specified URL https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload.”

When I change file for upload, like in first post example, it upload that file., but I want to upload that recording right after pushing the button

Try this:

Then I get some new error

the request header expects only the filename without path

see again the dropbox example how to remove the path from the filename

Unbenannt2

Taifun

I tried many combinations, but it doesn’t work… here is the .aia file, so if you can do something, thank you very much

dropbox.aia (4.7 KB)

the main issue in this project was

1. the pathname, which must start with /storage/emulated/0/… the web component did not like the other path /mnt/sdcard for some reason…
  2. in the header the filename must be used without path

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Hi again after some time...
I have to say that all works ok, and good, but there is some new problem on new aplications.
So, aplications and dropbox from the past works good, but when I create new app with same code, I need register a new dropbox api acc and there is the problem. New dropbox acc have some new features like "Permission type - Scoped App" and I think that is the problem.
Problem is actualy with the access token because when I generate acess token and put in MIT app inventor, it works good, and then after some time, I get error that the token is expiried.
Access token expiration setting is set to "no expiration"...

So I think that problem is not in app, it is in dropbox. Do you know some more information about that?

Maybe this has something with that.. but I dont understand nothing about that:

it looks like to did the setup correctly...
you might want to contact the Dropbox support to find out, what is going on
let us know, what you find out...

Taifun

I got this from dropbox:
Dropbox does now only offer the ability to create "scoped" apps, but scoped apps offer access to all of the same functionality as legacy non-scoped apps, and you can enable/disable access to functionality at a more granular level. (In your screenshot, you have all of those scopes enabled, which likely isn't needed for your app. You may want to disable the ones you don't need. You can find more information in this blog post.)

Additionally, the Dropbox API now offers short-lived access tokens. Note that switching "Access token expiration" to "No expiration" does not retroactively change existing access tokens though. If you need a long-lived access token, you'll need to get a new one after you switch that to "No expiration".

1 Like