People's wallets are involved. They need it dumbed down a bit.
This is the message I received:
We've detected that your app is targeting an old version of Android. To provide users with a safe and secure experience, Google Play requires all apps to meet target API level requirements.
From August 31, 2023, if your target API level is not within 1 year of the latest Android release, you won't be able to update your app.
To continue making updates to your app, ensure your app targets Android 13 (API level 33).
This is from their details page:
- You won't be able to release app updates (5 days away)
Aug 10, 2023
Aug 30, 2023
App must target Android 13 (API level 33) or higher
How to fix
Your highest non-compliant target API level is Android 12 (API level 31).
To ensure that you can continue to make updates to your app you must:
- Update your app to target Android 13 (API level 33) or higher.
- Publish a new version of your app to production. Before you do this, you can test your app using internal, closed, or open testing.
O.K., do we have proof now? Well, there's enough for me.
Yeah, those of us who intend to keep updating our apps are not going to be helped by this fact.
SDK 33 is ready in test server, I don't know when will you received updates, but as per previous update, it will be done on AUG,26,2023.
Hope you can soon Target SDK33 within few days
I have already explained everything necessary for this in post
a temporary solution to extend the deadline until November has been mentioned here
Thanks, looking forward to the update
Hi, is there a new date for release with the SDK 33 related changes? I need to update my apps in the near future and wanted to know if finally it will be done before Aug 31. If not i will ask google play store for time extension, but wanted to know if its possible to get app inventor updated before doing so. Thank you very much in advance Sir.
Any news on the update?
Due to a few bugs identified on Friday and Saturday we decided to push the release to tomorrow to address those issues.
Have these bugs already been fixed on the test server?
Thank you very much for the info and for your efforts
We are still waiting on one fix but everything on ai2-test should be going out with the release.
google console it sending mail about ours app dont have the requeriment, and need up the level to API for Android 13, i dont know, i am no good, please help me.
I'm waiting for new updates on app inventor.
I appreciate your effort Evan
It has. But I was annoyed by his seeming assumption that no one should then be worried. That's what I'm objecting to.
Thank you, Sir
I'm guessing the release did not go out. I'll apply for the extention and still get an Android 13 version out as soon as I can because I'm planning a new version at Thanksgiving and don't want to crowd new versions too close together.