Unresponsive Trash Can in the Blocks Editor

Sometimes when I move the block to the trash, but it can't work!

1 Like

please change the category to Bugs and Other issues

2 Likes

Done & thanks!

2 Likes

@kunj_thakker you are not a moderator in this community... please do not attempt to moderate... thank you... up to now we do not know if it is a bug or something else...

@DickLiu you might want to provide some more information... for example also a screenshot of what you are trying to do might help us to understand more...
are you trying to delete loads of blocks? does it work with only a few blocks?
does the Delete button work for you?

Taifun

3 Likes

I too have experienced that , sometimes it does happen when you manually drag the block to trash icon ( available at bottom right corner of screen) the blocks don't get deleted ... I don't know why does that happen ... but that was some time ago
Now I use the delete button and it works just fine

2 Likes

It only appears occasionally, next time I will take a screenshot and post it!

No, even if only one block is deleted, the trash doesn't work. The cover of the trash would not open when I move the block to it.

Yes, I can use the delete button to delete the block.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

2 Likes

Have you tried selecting the block (clicking on the blocks you want to delete) and press the backspace key on your device?

2 Likes

I just tried it and the block can be deleted!
I think I learn a new way to delete the block! Thanks!

2 Likes

(thread title rewritten to describe symptoms. No blocks were filled with trash.)

3 Likes

1 Like

Maybe that's because you're PC doesn't have enough RAM. Try closing some background applications - especially Bluestacks - it takes up a lot of it.

Thanks! Next time I will try!

I closed bluestacks, but the trash was still not open.

pen.

Strange. Can you please check if there are any errors in the Browser Console (Ctrl+Shift+I --> Console)?

Next time I will check what you said. Thanks again!

I delete the reply. When I finished the reply and came back to AI2. I found the trash can open again, so I can't make sure the the I post was correct!

Happen again!

App Inventor works best on Google Chrome. Try Google Chrome.

1 Like

I see! Thanks!