Trouble Saving .csv Files

Hey! I am trying to save a .csv file into the downloads folder of a tablet. This is an android tablet that is really old and running Android Version 4.4.2. I've searched around and tried just about everything, but I'm not sure how to since there are multiple different versions of how to accomplish this for different situations. Thanks!

Store the file in shared storage /Download (without s) and ask for write permission in Screen.Initialize
Try file scope Shared or Legacy

See also Some basics on Android storage system

Taifun

grafik

Set the FileScope to Legacy or Shared and
try /Download
without a "s".

1 Like

I've made the following changes, but I still don't see it in my downloads. Anything else I should change?

As I said, set the FileScope to Legacy or Shared:

grafik

before the .SaveFile block.

That seemed to work! Thank you so much, sorry I didn't understand what you meant by changing the file sharing beforehand. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

I have a second question, now that I can export this to my documents. How do you create new rows or lines within the application? I've tried /n as seen below, but I don't think it's working.

You are converting a list into a csv table, so each list item should be on a separate row, isn't it? A new line generally is \n ( backslash n), but in your case an empty text as list item should be enough

Taifun

Yes that's true, and a blank would make a new row. But in the end, I want my information to look like it is pictured below. What would you suggest I do to make it look like this?

Thank you so much for helping, I'm new to working with csv files so I appreciate it a lot.

You have to store the data in a list of lists

Taifun

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.