TinyDB not sending data between sceens

Hello,
I have an issue where the data I store from one screen doesn't tranfer to another screen. Whenever I store data with a certain tag, and then call for that tag on a new screen it is as if the data wasn't there.

I tested what was the problem by printing the list of tags in one screen and in another and it looks as if the tags don't transfer from screen to screen.

I attach the AIA here in case you want to look at the code. The objective is that the parameters set in "PERSONALIZACIÓN" can be transfered to "BAREMO" to later work with them in calculations.

Kind regards.
PDJ.aia (20.0 KB)

Tested, and the tinydb between screens is working OK

Use different screens wisely

If you decided to use different screens, then you should switch them correctly, else you will run out of memory after a while...      
The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor
(Thanks Taifun)

Also see demo: multiscreen.aia

You need to do more work on switching screens to get that working correctly.

1 Like

Well @TIMAI2 I don't see any issue on how screens are switched or did I miss something new in MIT Ai2..

Probably my issue as I was jumping about between screens in the program rather than in the companion, so not creating the "return to previous screen" from a close screen block.

For me, your application works and passes test data to the second screen.

• I run the "personalizacion" screen
  • enters the data in the "Ameritrash" field, eg 1111
  • I click the "guardar" button
  • I close the screen with the "atras" button
  • I open the screen "baremo"
  • I click "calcular"
  • 1111 appears in the "test" label

That's weird. When I tested it it didn't work, but now it does. Might have been a problem regarding the Companion.

Thanks and have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.