TinyDB - Is it possible?

Sorry but I am not certain I understand. I put all of it in one DB with var name Data. My app has 7 screens and the data is recorded in one screen but read in two other screens. One screen is the stats table I showed here and the other is a graph screen.

I can easily write all of the needed data into a textbox

Check here, what are namespaces: How do I use TinyDB (feat. namespace)? - #2 by ABG

You can check your project for the component TinyDB and in the designer properties section, you can look for namespace.

One namespace

1 Like

Your data is stored by TinyDB, in an installed app?
If your phone is rooted, you can get your data here:
/data/data/{your.app.package.name}/shared_prefs/{your.TinyDB.namespace}.xml

otherwise, you can use OCR on the screenshot of the Stats.

1 Like

Nice answer. I will look. Thanks
Hmm I don't see a data folder. I do have show hidden files turned on
Ahhh my phone is not rooted

Your data in TinyDB still will be there after installing an update of your app

Taifun

1 Like

So I should be able to install Etiny into my existing app and grab the string data, then store it in a file and in the receiving app retrieve it?

1 Like

Yes. Thank you @Taifun . I am needing to port my data from one app to another as well as one fone to another. I think @Kumaraswamy has my answer

Is it possible to export TinyDB data from an another existing app? I don't think so.

Kumaraswamy has EtinyDB and it can save the data to a file and retrieve it. That should work yes?

It's only text. Seems to me it should be portable :thinking:

Hi Kevin, using ETinyDB, you can export all of the application's tiny DB data into a JSON file and also load it back to the app using JSON or file input.

I mean from other app, not the app this extension is inside of.
Is this possible?

1 Like

What if it's not JSON and only text/strings? Will it still export and import?

I dont get you, can you elaborate more?

I want to be able to capture my string data and put it in a file
then from another app take it in
If it is in a file, I am hoping it can be copied to another fone also

The data stored in a tinydb is output in JSON format, you do not have to store in the tinydb as JSON.

Sorry... I thought JSON was script / I am not understanding

What is JSON