Tiny DB - Store and Retrieve #Confused

Good morning all,

I have downloaded a TinyDB Helper app to help understand how these work - I cant see in the literature I have been sent covers my question, or perhaps I am missing something.

I have attached some screen shots and also the file.

Enter Values:

1.Here I can scan the barcode (These are unique), the barcode field is populated with the result - ALL WORKING
2. Description: Text Field to store some information - ALL WORKING
3. **Model:**I have now added model and this is where I get confused with storing this information - Confused.

Retrieve Values

1. Scan existing barcode - All working
  2. Description - This is retrieved as per the barcode, i have tested some store data - ALL WORKING
  3. Model: now that i have added model i can get it to present the result the same as the description… :thinking:

I am not sure it is the way i am storing the data or retrieving it, or both?
I have tried a few combinations and left the blocks, I have had mixed results the description concatenated with model etc…

I am planning to add more fields but if i can understand how this works i can then add in the future.

Thanks you for reading, and thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Regards

GC

TinyDBHelper_GCEdit (1).aia (3.3 KB)

Retrieve Values

Hi,

I tried this combination and get an error when retrieving data, so totally stuck.

Thanks

Try like this:

Hi TIMAI2,

Thank you for helping with this, I have replicated what you have set out and I have managed to get it to work - I appreciate you taking the time to assist :handshake:.

I do need to split this over to two screens :flushed:, whereby one screen will be to save information and the other to scan/retrieve the stored data.

:handshake:

GC

Why ? Use virtual screens instead!

Use different screens wisely

If you decided to use different screens, then you should switch them correctly, else you will run out of memory after a while...      
The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor
(Thanks Taifun)

Also see demo: multiscreen.aia

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.