Timer Going Off When App Starting

Hi, When my app is loaded the timer is going off, most likely because the time picker is automatically setting to current time. Need help I am a newbie.
Alarm.aia (1.5 MB)

What is the use of Time picker, that you mentioned in your question?

If you do not want that, you have to uncheck the timer enabled property in the designer

Taifun

1 Like

The time picker is supposed to send a notification to the user when the timer runs out.

But I also need to make the timer run when the app is closed do you have any free extensions I can use?

please elaborate what exactly you are trying to do
generally you can use itoo... however this is only recommended for experienced users...

Taifun

I am trying to build an app that when you enter time and medication dosage it will run the timer and send a notification to the user

If I use extension what does "id" mean and which block should I insert

Also this extension is having a "upload error" when I try to import the extension. Please Advise

let me recommend you to use an alarmmanager extension

it would help to tell us, about which extension you are talking about...
itoo? do you consider yourself an experienced App Inventor user?

Taifun

This is my first time but I have used block code before

Also it is the Itoo extension that is not working. Is there any free extensions like this one

well, actually the itoo extension is working fine...
but recommended to use only for experienced users...

see also this thread

Taifun

Hello,
So I downloaded the extension (Taifun Tools) but I was just wondering which block would I use to match my code.
Thanks!
-BananaBoy

Here is my code
Alarm.aia (1.5 MB)

If you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you ...
You probably will get more feedback then...

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocks...

To download the aia file, upload it to App Inventor, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etc... this takes time, and most people will not do that...
Thank you.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Here is my code

Thank you for your time and patience!

Please elaborate, how the tools extension could help in your project
Taifun

The tools extension should have tools to help me make the clock work in the background (while the app is not running) but I do not know which block specifically will do the job.
BananaBoy