The blocks section does not open

Hello. The blocks section does not open. Because it does not open, I cannot delete anything to reduce the size of the program. I also used Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers, there is no difference. The .aia file is also 900 KB.I am unable to change my internet access speed.my windows computer is 8.1.

I have also searched this post:

This URL allows you to open AI2 to the Project List, without opening any project.
http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/?autoload=false
From that list, you can request Exports of Projects without trying to open them.
Upload the troublesome .aia here.

Describe what you would like to sacrifice to allow some one with a more powerful PC to get you back on track.

1 Like

Hello and thanks, so my problem is the low power of my computer?Is it better if we define a project with many codes on two screen than on one screen?Why did the blocks section open when designing the program, and even I got the output(.apk and .aia), but now it doesn't open?Too bad, as a designer, I can't see my own codes.Considering the weak internet and computer hardware in some countries, isn't it better to change App Inventor from online to offline mode (online storage of the smallest change in the program online requires a lot of speed)?The problem that if the size of the program increases, the codes can no longer be seen and the letter can be expanded, it will greatly limit the possibility of using App Inventor.I am very disappointed.Isn't it better, instead of saving the program online every moment while designing, which requires high internet speed, the changes are saved online only when the designer hits the save button?Save and sava as buttons were very helpful in the past.Many times, I have accidentally touched a block and an unwanted change has occurred, and the online program has saved that unwanted change. Of course, undo is the solution.If it is possible for the program to warn the designer according to the speed of the Internet that the size of the program has exceeded a certain limit and there is a possibility of an error, it will help to some extent.

1 Like

I have hit my personal block limits in the past too.

Here is my best list of block reduction techniques...

When you have too many blocks spread out over too large a surface area,
the Blocks Editor hits a complexity limit when it tries to generate a blocks.png file for the screen.

There are two main approaches to deal with this:

• Start a Google Doc with a Table of Contents explaining your app, with sections for Design, Data, Code, including Downloaded Png images of all Events, Procedures, Globals, and with html cross-links for easy navigation. Such a doc becomes easier to read than a complete blocks image, because you have FIND, Next, PREV, back functionality, and you can add paragraphs of commentary around your code. This is my preferred life saver when doing a very large complex app. If you go this route, try to arrange your blocks geographically in a column matching the order of your Table of Contents, then do periodic Clean Up Blocks to pull them inline. This sometimes lowers the load on the Blocks Editor.
  • Reduce your block count:
    • Use parametrized procedures for common code
    • Use Media text files instead of big clumps of text blocks
    • Use generic blocks instead of repeating component event blocks
    • Encode repeating decision patterns into lookup tables loaded from Media csv text files (does your blocks image look like a box of combs?)
    • You don't need a component for every data instance. Reuse those components.
    • If you can't fit data into a ListView or List Picker, show a small subset of the data in an Arrangement and slide it across the larger list of data.