The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 5601220778393600_Screen1 will not be saved

Hi
Is this a bug or a problem with the block coding?
Could you please check my code to see why I'm getting this error? I can edit and delete blocks.
Smart_Locker_v1.aia (1.3 MB)

Similar issues regarding blocks area did not load properly and their possible solutions might help you debug.

Please consider searching before creating a new topic..

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/search?context=topic&context_id=78724&q=Changes%20to%20the%20blocks%20will%20not%20be%20saved%20&skip_context=true

Hi

Your Project file is corrupt. Did you recently delete an Extension? There is a warning in the Blocks area and if you use right-mouse "Clean up Blocks" you can see there is a 'rogue' Block:

rogue

You can drag it to the Bin, but the Blocks Area still doesn't save.

OK, try this:

Smart_Locker_v1_mod.aia (1.3 MB)

Note, you have a number of Arrangements with names having only a single character (a, b, c etc). Generally, your naming of components and blocks is not so great - makes it difficult for us to work with and you will find it difficult too if you have to return to the Project at a later date.

Anyway, I have edited the 'back files' that make up the Project - it is behaving OK here.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, sir, for fixing my apps and for your tips. I will keep them in mind.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.