TextToSpeech country code

Hi
I am a very new user of MIT App Inventor.
I don’t where to find the exhaustive list of abreviations and country names
for instance
FRA for France
ESP for Spain
ITA for Italy

according to the documentation Media

AvailableCountries
List of the country codes available on this device for use with TextToSpeech. Check the Android developer documentation under supported languages to find the meanings of these abbreviations.

you might want to try

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Here: https://www.science.co.il/language/Locale-codes.php

Anyway, I publish the ones I found and if someone can complete them without errors it would be really great if they publish them.

I still haven't figured out how many entries the appinventor translator makes available, because many of those in my list reproduce them even if some are not part of the list in appinventor.

What would be really useful starting from my list where I can tell you that I can't find the acronyms of the Turkish, Hindi, and someone else and I added them, but they don't work, it seems.
They are all in order of belonging so you just need to copy them on a word sheet and insert the columns.

Italian English Espanol French German Russian Polish Portuguese Romanian Ukrainian Estonian Finnish Greek Slovak Slovenian Swedish Korean Hungarian Hindi Arabian Catalan Czech Chinese Kurdish Bengali Indonesian Thai Vietnamese Japanese
It
en
es
fr
de
ru
pl
pt
ro
uk
et
fi
el
sk
sl
sv
ko
hu
hi
ar
ca
cs
zh
ku
bn
id
th
vi
ja
ITA
GBR
ESP
FRA
DEU
RUS
POL
PRT
ROU
UKR
EST
FIN
ELL
SLK
SLV
SWE
KOR
HUN
HIN
SAU
CAT
CZE
CHN
KUR
BNG
IDN
THA
VNM
JPN

well, as already mentioned earlier, the complete list is here

Taifun

Also (draggable blocks)

Thanks, I was also able to finally complete them.
They are all those internal to appinventore for the translations I hope they will be useful to many.

|Austria|AUS|at|
|Australia|AUT|au|
|Belgio|BEL|be|
|Belize|BLZ|bz|
|Botswana|BWA|bw|
|Canada|CAN|ca|
|Svizzera|CHE|ch|
|Germania|DEU|DE|
|Spagna|ESP|es|
|Francia|FRA|fr|
|Inghilterra|GBR|gb|
|Hong Kong|HKG|uk|
|India|IND|in|
|Irlanda|IRL|ir|
|Italia|ITA|it|
|Giamaica|JAM|jm|
|Liechtenstein|LIE|li|
|Lussemburgo|LUX|lu|
|Pirc-di monaco|MCO|mc|
|Isole Marshall|MHL|mh|
|Malta|MLT|mt|
|Namibia|NAM|na|
|Nuova Zelanda|NZL|nz|
|Pakistan|PAK|pk|
|Filippine|PHL|ph|
|Singapore|SGP|sg|
|Trinidad e Tobago|TTO|tt|
|Stati Uniti d'America|USA|us|
|Isole Vergini Americane|VIR|vi|
|Sudafrica|ZAF|za|
|Zimbabwe|ZWE|zw|

I turn to the moderators, My question is, can I do this?

I would like to start inserting the complete blocks of some of my creations in the forum, hoping to be equaled, because I think that if we all publish our works with a little explanation, we could speed up everyone's work, because pseudo developers like me and more professionally trained , can get ideas for other innovations in the apps.

For example, I don't know how to program, because I don't have enough memory, but taking pieces of code from the network and from suggestions in the various forums especially on this one, which I find fantastic, I can put them together and create sometimes innovative apps (just to joke) or that seem such to me, I am sure that if I make my code available many others would know how to use it, expand it above all correct it and create new and more exceptional apps (perhaps if then transformed into business, divide the income among all those who collaborated as it is done for open source software, at least I think) both beginners and the more professionally trained who would take inspiration for new ideas.

Hello and thank you
Can you please tell me what arabic contries are from the list?

I'm sorry, but there are no Arab countries, at least on this list.

@tamyez_ali_salih Arabian ar ??? and look at post #2 link please.

Sorry but I don't understand your clarification can you explain yourself better?
I answered your question: what are the Arab countries?

I didn't find any Arab countries on that list, so I don't know.

@tamyez_ali_salih you asked same question in Kodular's community. Please do not spam communities. Also I see that you have two accounts. Please note that only one is allowed in the community, which one should we keep @tamyez_alisaleh or @tamyez_ali_salih ?

1 Like

Sometimes you have to look at post #2. :cry:

Arabic - Algeria ar ar-dz 5121 1401 1256
Arabic - Bahrain ar ar-bh 15361 1256
Arabic - Egypt ar ar-eg 3073 1256
Arabic - Iraq ar ar-iq 2049 801 1256
Arabic - Jordan ar ar-jo 11265 1256
Arabic - Kuwait ar ar-kw 13313 3401 1256
Arabic - Lebanon ar ar-lb 12289 3001 1256
Arabic - Libya ar ar-ly 4097 1001 1256
Arabic - Morocco ar ar-ma 6145 1801 1256
Arabic - Oman ar ar-om 8193 2001 1256
Arabic - Qatar ar ar-qa 16385 4001 1256
Arabic - Saudi Arabia ar ar-sa 1025 401 1256
Arabic - Syria ar ar-sy 10241 2801 1256
Arabic - Tunisia ar ar-tn 7169 1256
Arabic - United Arab Emirates ar ar-ae 14337 3801 1256
Arabic - Yemen ar ar-ye 9217 2401 1256

Excuse me again but I have to close the discussion because I still do not understand what you are asking me to know and to tell you or to list you.

I just wanted to list the languages and countries with their appinventor symbols, which I couldn't find, and some of them in the blocks work others need you to download the Google languages app.
While if you want to know which languages appinventor
just follow what you need to insert in the block code:

List of the country codes available on this device for use with TextToSpeech. Check the Android developer documentation under supported languages to find the meanings of these abbreviations.

AvailableLanguages

List of the languages available on this device for use with TextToSpeech. Check the Android developer documentation under supported languages to find the meanings of these abbreviations.